Why become a member? ×

Join me for we have all failed

Linus27

[quote name='Sonic_Groove' post='942283' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:59 PM']Since "the enlightenment" I have burned all the records and CDs I had by artists who coned us by using none SVT amps.

I realised as a bass player there are a few of us that have previously been foolish enough to use Pods & the like to get the sound we want (I know there is one member here who only uses a Pod for amp duties!). Worry not a few of us are hard at work on the Dave tribute non solid-state SVT bass pod:

:)
B[/quote]

:rolleyes: :lol: :o Brilliant, can't wait for it to be finished. Will it come in Ampeg black?

Dear Linus27.

I have an audition for a new band tomorrow. Will I improve my chances of getting the job if I stencil Ampeg SVT on the front of my Thunderfunk?

I've already filled my Aquilar DB112s with lead-weights and the silver cloth grille makes it look like a miniture 8x10 (especially if I place it far away in the corner of a dark rehearsal room), so I'm half way there. Please tell me I'm not bowing to the fascist non-bass playing fraternity who believe that all amps should be SVT and all basses should start with the letter 'F'... OH She it! I've just realised that I don't own one of [u]those[/u] basses and that the 'W' on the headstock will never disguise as a 6 letter word starting with 'F' and ending 'ender'; I'm doomed and may as well cancel my audition. :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='942277' date='Sep 1 2010, 03:55 PM']You are past saving my son, you have a Mark Bass, yo are going to hell :)[/quote]
Where does that leave me then?

I've an Ashdown Superfly and... and... and...

I LIKE IT!

[size=1]there, I've said it.[/size]

While I'm at it... Jaco's overrated, Fenders are meh, & I think Slapping's a bit nancy.

Season Ticket On A One-Way Ride?

Does anyone know the best treatment for a broken toe?
After reading the other thread, I was so overwhelmed with disgust at myself for having non-Ampeg amplification that I can shift without a forklift truck, that I set fire to my garage containing my rig rather than have to defile my fingers by touching it again. Trouble is, as the fire engine arrived (too late, thankfully) it ran over my foot.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='943017' date='Sep 2 2010, 09:12 AM']I have an SVT and a Fender Jazz with a Badass, so I obviously have superior tone to everyone here, sometimes I don't know why I bother with you lot.[/quote]
We're not worthy

[attachment=57931:27429478...89938a89.jpg]

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='943017' date='Sep 2 2010, 09:12 AM']I have an SVT and a Fender Jazz with a Badass, so I obviously have superior tone to everyone here, sometimes I don't know why I bother with you lot.[/quote]

I want to have your children :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='943089' date='Sep 2 2010, 10:18 AM']....Oh I went past your house yesterday, Jack. Not very interesting but true....[/quote]
Ah, good so they've taken down the police tape?

The siege at Jacks house has ended peacefully and the Big One has been taken away and humanely destroyed.

Edited by chris_b