Why become a member? ×

Basschat Addiction

Pete Academy

Considering that I am now beginning to appear quite regularly on 'todays top 20 posters', I'd have to say my addiction is getting steadily worse :)
Ironically it got worse after Countbassy asked, in his thread, how to cut down or wean himself off BC. It seems to have the opposite effect on me.

My girlfriend goes ape if she sees i am on here. She has put two and two together and made 4, in terms the time spent on basschat being reflective of money spent on bass. So, yeh... i view as text-only most of the time, hides the logo and layout etc, makes it much easier to conceal.

I think Mrs Trav gets fed up with my time spent on here.

I don't think it would get to the point where she'd threaten to leave though.

She just huffs and goes in the front room, hahaha.

I must admit though, i check the 'new posts' every hour or so, and i leave it open on the laptop at all times.....REFRESH/REFRESH/REFRESH!!!

I've spent a lot more time on here in the last few days as i'm in buy/sell/buy mode.

Trav

I got long periods of work where I'm having to wait for others so I'll always end up on here. That or playing Miami Shark. Damn I love that game.

Anyhoo, I reckon I lurk far more than I post tbh... I'd love that 4th box under my avatar one day but i doubt that'll happen :)

Edited by ashevans09

Way I see it, it's no worse than having an eastenders addiction!

Bassists are generally nice people with good attitudes I find. I always get on with other bassists. Or maybe that's just basschat making me think I do :rolleyes:

I come here for the pictures :)

[quote name='theosd' post='791158' date='Mar 30 2010, 09:28 PM']Way I see it, it's no worse than having an eastenders addiction!

Bassists are generally nice people with good attitudes I find. I always get on with other bassists. Or maybe that's just basschat making me think I do :lol:

I come here for the pictures :lol:[/quote]

Yeah we're a nice little community. I think the small number helps it along :) . Also keeps the level of trust high for sales and the like :rolleyes: .

And to think I used to spend all my hours on TB... :lol: . I never got the whole club thing over there though...who cares?

There are a few forums I visit daily and hope there's something to talk about because it's better than actually doing any work.

But I'm self-employed, so I remain poor...

I did quit a few forums last year when I noticed the impending tax return deadline and this wasn't one of the ones I quit so I suppose I'd rank it in my top 5.

FWIW I didn't stop visiting Talkbass either. :)