Why become a member? ×

Trujillo signature Warwick

0175westwood29

Of course it will be overpriced :)

If it was a reasonable price it would probably get one, it has me interested in getting a chrome tone.

Here are the specs for those wanting to know.

Neck through
Available as 5-string
Available as right-handed only
Matched Headstock Chrometone
Maple neck, special Rob Trujillo shape
Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard with nickel silver frets
R T Genuine Silver Custom Inlay
34″ long scale
Maple body
Active EMG J/J pickups
Bartolini 3-band electronics
Quicksilver Chrometone or Turquoise Blue Chrometone finish
Chrome hardware
Just-A-Nut III
Schaller 3D bridge
Warwick machine heads
Warwick security locks
Dunlop Robert Trujillo Signature strings: .045″ – .130″
Including Warwick “User Kit” and RockCase flight case

[quote name='dwh87' post='776660' date='Mar 16 2010, 08:21 PM']Of course it will be overpriced :)

If it was a reasonable price it would probably get one, it has me interested in getting a chrome tone.

ive seen somewhere that it was gonna be around 2000 which isnt so bad? the same spec streamer i think is more?[/quote]

[quote name='dwh87' post='776665' date='Mar 16 2010, 08:28 PM']Hmmm around £2000 is not so bad, i was expecting it to be closer to £3k.

I will keep an eye out for prices over the next few weeks.[/quote]

indeed im thinking it will go up tho! although from what ive read its styled on the bass he uses so it maybe less due to that, rather than like the bootsy collins sig which he designed?

andy

[quote name='Mog' post='776738' date='Mar 16 2010, 09:45 PM']Satch is cool enough to get away with a chrome guitar. This guy is not!!![/quote]

There are too many things wrong with that post... you're just WRONG... about everything...

RJ is the coolest 45 year old on the planet! And there's f.all wrong with his technique. Hasn't stopped him being one of the finest bass players out there (although it's a great shame he's lumbered with those other 3 idiots!)

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' post='778121' date='Mar 17 2010, 11:15 PM']There are too many things wrong with that post... you're just WRONG... about everything...

RJ is the coolest 45 year old on the planet! [i]And there's f.all wrong with his technique[/i]. Hasn't stopped him being one of the finest bass players out there (although it's a great shame he's lumbered with those other 3 idiots!)[/quote]

Yep, thats why he f***s up orion every time I've seen him try to play it. Seen him six times in total with different bands and each time its the same. Sloppy. Sure he has aggressive attack and speed but that doesn't make him a good bassist IMHO.I judge him on is what I have seen and it aint good. Simple as.

I don't think he's a bad player, and he was great for the aggressive tunes of the St. Anger stuff (although the lines on the album are amazingly played too), but I just can't help thinking "Jason would be better in this situation".

Edited by Chris2112

[quote name='Mog' post='778244' date='Mar 18 2010, 08:35 AM']Yep, thats why he f***s up orion every time I've seen him try to play it. Seen him six times in total with different bands and each time its the same. Sloppy. Sure he has aggressive attack and speed but that doesn't make him a good bassist IMHO.I judge him on is what I have seen and it aint good. Simple as.[/quote]
Yeah, but you also think Satch is cool, which makes your views questionable! :) Only yanking your chain!

I mourned the day I heard RJ joined Metallica... beneath the man no matter what way you look at it. That particular machine's been broken (probably beyond repair) since the black album.

[quote name='Bigwan' post='778410' date='Mar 18 2010, 11:16 AM']Yeah, but you also think Satch is cool, which makes your views questionable! :) Only yanking your chain!

I mourned the day I heard RJ joined Metallica... beneath the man no matter what way you look at it. That particular machine's been broken (probably beyond repair) since the black album.[/quote]

I'd even go as far as Justice for the last great Metallica album. And Satch is cool.................

no.9 :rolleyes:

Edited by Mog

It's one of those basses that I'd hang on my wall, and shine every couple of weeks. The price tag kind of echoes that too - it would never tempt me. The whole point of a Warwick, for me (you may agree) is the beautiful body woods.