Why become a member? ×

Trujillo signature Warwick

0175westwood29

[quote name='Chris2112' post='778361' date='Mar 18 2010, 10:27 AM']I don't think he's a bad player, and he was great for the aggressive tunes of the St. Anger stuff (although the lines on the album are amazingly played too), but I just can't help thinking "Jason would be better in this situation".[/quote]He didn't play on St Anger.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='780710' date='Mar 20 2010, 12:42 PM']He didn't play on St Anger.[/quote]
+1 It was Bob Rock

As it happens I think Death Magnetic is a great album and reminiscent of (if not totally matching) Metallica in their late 80s prime. They are still great live too and Rob Trujillo adds to the spectacle with his "monkey-crab" style!

[quote name='Mog' post='778244' date='Mar 18 2010, 08:35 AM']Yep, thats why he f***s up orion every time I've seen him try to play it. Seen him six times in total with different bands and each time its the same. Sloppy. Sure he has aggressive attack and speed but that doesn't make him a good bassist IMHO.I judge him on is what I have seen and it aint good. Simple as.[/quote]

am really!

i think its tiny little slip ups? nothing thats really bad!

ive seen him twice and he was on the money!

andy

[quote name='Ergon Oli' post='780683' date='Mar 20 2010, 12:17 PM']His work on the first couple of Infectious Grooves albums is solid as anything else. His technique might seem sloppy but he has made it work for him. He's been doing it a hell of a long time without any problems. Great player.[/quote]

really sloppy? in what way? listen to the bass only tracks from death magnetic nout sloppy there!

andy

[quote name='hellothere' post='780744' date='Mar 20 2010, 01:16 PM']I think he played on the tour though.

If you look at a chronological list of metallica's albums its the same as reading a list of their best to worst albums.[/quote]

i think thats harsh!

ok so there middle albums dnt sound like kill em all! thats just them growing up! for me death magnetic is an awesome album! badly produced and doesnt sound all that great but it is a very solid album!

id much rather they changed than did what slayer have done! just release the same thing over and over again!

on the rob sig warwick, if its less than the equal custom warwick i might think about it? as to get similar specs your talking like 6 grand! which is silly money!

andy

I've seen metallica a couple of times and rob's playing was pretty solid, though i'm a big metallica fan, and i really do hate death magnetic, i don't see how anyone can think it's close to their earlier stuff at all.

I don't see how that bass is any different to a streamer CT other than the inlay though.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='785171' date='Mar 24 2010, 09:14 PM']I don't see how that bass is any different to a streamer CT other than the inlay though.[/quote]

Neck through instead of bolt on, slghtly different shape, has 3 band bartolini electrics, different bridge and EMG pick ups.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='785171' date='Mar 24 2010, 09:14 PM']I've seen metallica a couple of times and rob's playing was pretty solid, though i'm a big metallica fan, and i really do hate death magnetic, i don't see how anyone can think it's close to their earlier stuff at all.

I don't see how that bass is any different to a streamer CT other than the inlay though.[/quote]

not but its at least going back in the right direction.

and yeh as dwh87 said its got a dif body and that. which may work out that its a better thing to get rather than making a streamer to the same specs.

only prob is its got a really big signature on the head stock and the inlay! dnt mind the inlay so much but i dnt really want the sig on it wish they'd of put it on the back of the headstock!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' post='784941' date='Mar 24 2010, 06:01 PM']am really!

i think its tiny little slip ups? nothing thats really bad!

ive seen him twice and he was on the money!

andy[/quote]
Yes really. Not a patch on Newstead IMO. There might be a few clips of the Dublin gig a few years back when they did the Master 20th aniversary thingy on the goo tube.

[quote name='Mog' post='785350' date='Mar 24 2010, 11:43 PM']Yes really. Not a patch on Newstead IMO. There might be a few clips of the Dublin gig a few years back when they did the Master 20th aniversary thingy on the goo tube.[/quote]

i really dnt get the love for newstead hes a good bassist.

and the only video ive seen of him doing orion hes playing the slow riff completely wrong!

andy

[quote name='steve-soar' post='780710' date='Mar 20 2010, 12:42 PM']He didn't play on St Anger.[/quote]

I know, hence me saying "although the lines on the album are amazingly played too". Albeit it by Bob Rock and James. On a Spector owned by the bassist from Loverboy, no less!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='786558' date='Mar 26 2010, 03:18 AM']I know, hence me saying "although the lines on the album are amazingly played too". Albeit it by Bob Rock and James. On a Spector owned by the bassist from Loverboy, no less![/quote]

Woah! Jason left well before the st anger recording started, its just bob rock on the album

Andy

[quote name='budget bassist' post='787594' date='Mar 27 2010, 01:42 AM']He said Bob Rock and [b]James[/b], not Jason.[/quote]

jeez sorry! thats my bad! reading to quickly.

anyway after working out the prices i just cant see this being a viable choose for me! i think im gonna go down a route that i know and trust which is modulus.

just looking at the prices i can custom the hell out of it, and probs still be under 2 grand!

thanks for all you posts guys sorry its a waste of time thread!

andy