Why become a member? ×

Cetera's COMPLETE p*rn collection - update on Page 5!

cetera

I've finally had time/access to all my gear in one go (grabbed them from storage) so have taken the opportunity to photograph the new Spector additions and all the other basses I have…. Sorry for the poor picture quality/glare… I had to be quick…!

(The first few photos with red fence background are repeated from my old Spector p*rn thread…)

First up..... An old 'group' shot of my Spectors..... a kind of sideways 'razzle tower' if you will..... :lol:

From left:
Holoflash REX2000-4 (customised), Zebrano EuroLX (now belongs to AshEvans09), White Euro NS2JA-CR, Black Korean Kramer NS2A, White Euro4, White Korean Kramer NS2A, White US Kramer NS2, Blue Stain Euro4, Plum Stain Euro4, Holoflash Black US NS2 Custom, Black US Kramer NS2, Natural EuroLX (now belongs to JohnnyLager), Cherry Sunburst US Pre-Kramer NS2 & Walnut 1976 US SB-1

and here, broken down into mini-collections:

The 'white' Spectors..... from left.... Euro NS2JA-CR, Euro4, Korean Kramer NS2A & US Kramer NS2

the 'black' Spectors..... from left..... US Kramer NS2 & Korean Kramer NS2A

the Czech-made 'Euro' Spectors..... from left.... Blue Stain Euro4, White Euro NS2JA-CR, Zebrano EuroLX (now belongs to AshEvans09), Natural EuroLX (now belongs to JohnnyLager), White Euro4 & Plum Stain Euro4

the 80's US Spectors..... from left.... Black Kramer NS2, Cherry Sunburst Pre-Kramer NS2 & White Kramer NS2

the 'Custom Order' Spectors..... from left.... White Euro NS2JA-CR (one of only 82 worldwide), White Euro4 (custom colour order), US NS2 Custom with abalone inlays and Black Holoflash finish, original 1976 US Spector SB1 (one of the first ever Spectors!) & Korean Holoflash REX2000-4 customised with gold hardware & abalone inlays

the 'Wood Finish' Spectors..... from left.... Zebrano EuroLX (now belongs to AshEvans09), Natural Euro LX (now belongs to JohnnyLager) & Walnut US 1976 SB1

the 'Holoflash' Spectors..... from left.... US NS2 Custom & Korean REX2000-4

Edited by cetera

.....and now onto the more recent Spector purchases....

First up - a EuroLX in Black Cherry, a EuroLX in Poplar Burl and a late 80's Korean Kramer Spector NS2A

Three different Jackson 'Kip Winger' basses. All neck-thru but different pickups etc.... (sorry for glare)
Left to right: Black with EMG select PJ's and 3 knobs, White with Jackson PJ's and 4 knobs (now SOLD to my mate Jim!), Lacewood top of the line model with EMG humbuckers and a Kahler bridge.

Fender 'Geddy Lee' Jazz, a very rare early 90's Hamer 'Impact' & an Allparts/Fender 70's Jazz Reissue with Wizard pickups.

My Fender P-shaped basses....all Japanese made.
1987 Fender Jazz Bass Special, Fender Precision 70's Reissue (Phil Lynott model), Fender Precision 1962 Reissue (with flatwounds)

3 amazingly underrated and tone-full basses. These are each a revelation...! (Sorry for the glare!)
A Peavey RJ-IV 'Randy Jackson', a Schecter 'Model T' and a Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo'

A Pedulla sandwich....(sorry for the glare!)
Spector Rex-4 (same as in old p*rn thread), Pedulla Buzz4 fretless (now SOLD) and a very rare Fernandes 'Spectorbird'

The 'Gene Simmons' collection....
Mid 90's 'Axe', mid 90's 'Punisher' and a VERY rare Staccato MG bass.... made from Magnesium Alloy!

The Wal Mk1's....
An early 80's Wenge fretted, my latest purchase - a 'Geddy Lee' built in 2000 to the exact same specs as Geddy's (including ebony fingerboard!) and a mid 80's Stained Maple fretless.... Lush!

Finally some 'KISS Guitar' p*rn....
An original 1978 Ibanez 'Paul Stanley', a Washburn PS600 , a Silvertone (cracked mirror) Sovereign, a Washburn PS500, a Washburn PS7200, an Epiphone 'Ace Frehley' Les Paul Custom & a Silvertone 'Paul Stanley'.

Edited by cetera

Fabulous collection! Thanks for putting these up.

Staccatto MG, eh? You have now answered the 24 year old question I never got answered...

"What is that bass Bill Wyman is playing in the One Hit to the Body video?"

That's made my day! :)

[quote name='Sean' post='774531' date='Mar 14 2010, 06:40 PM']Staccatto MG, eh? You have now answered the 24 year old question I never got answered...

"What is that bass Bill Wyman is playing in the One Hit to the Body video?"

That's made my day! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yep, there were only about 40-45 of these ever made & Gene Simmons, Lemmy & Bill Wyman probably have 5 or 6 of them between them.... :)
VERY hard to find.... in fact i've only ever seen 3 for sale in the last 10 years and my mate & I bought 2 of them.... :lol:

Holy molly ! I need to buy some more instruments at once. My collection looks insignificant compared to this lot :)

I have to jump on the bandwagon and say, I love the Wal's. First off I thought you'd stolen my 80's Wenge Wal, but just checked and I've still got it. Love the fretless, she's a beauty.

Really nice stuff.

Cheers chaps!

Yep, the Wal's are really great - I LOVE them...... but I [i]may[/i] have to sell the Wenge one as I may need a large amount of money quite quickly in the near future.... :) :rolleyes: If anyone's interested please PM me with realistic offers over £2k...

Silverfoxnik - yep, there's just [i]something[/i] about a 'white' Spector.... oozes class methinks...

Dubs - Agreed, more companies should make purple basses... particularly in a nice rich, deep purple colour...

Purpleblob/Gary Mac - you can NEVER have too many basses! As you can see! lol! :lol:

Tayste - the Schecter blew me away when I purchased it.... the tone is pure in-your-face hi-mid grind (perfect for rock) but it is capable of being tamed very easily... a bit of a revelation really!

Geilerbass - yep, the Axe/Punisher don't get played live with the KISS tribute.... I wouldn't want to scratch/stain them - especially as the Punisher is #007 (#'s 001-006 are owned/played by Gene himself) and the Axe is one of the original ones (not the new Cort reissues - one of which I now have as well - and am getting EMG'd up!)

Edited by cetera

WOW. Just WOW :)

Have to say that I love NS2's. One of the first 'proper' basses I played but couldn't afford!!

The Kip Winger basses are great as well. I've had mine (lacewood w/Reflex pickups) since the early 90's and I wouldn't swap it for anything. Thoroughly recommended to anyone if you're looking for something a little different to the norm.

By the way, I think Kip's "Ghost" chamber piece is now on iTunes. He's a guy whose musical talents are way underestimated.

Hey Dude

Am I the only one who likes the '87 Jazz Special? If you ever part with it, i want first dibs! haha

PS. Is it the one with the black painted neck? - i have an identical one in all black.

[quote name='cetera' post='775178' date='Mar 15 2010, 01:13 PM']Cheers chaps!

Yep, the Wal's are really great - I LOVE them...... but I [i]may[/i] have to sell the Wenge one as I may need a large amount of money quite quickly in the near future.... :) :rolleyes: If anyone's interested please PM me with realistic offers over £2k...

Purpleblob/Gary Mac - you can NEVER have too many basses! As you can see! lol! :lol:

Tayste - the Schecter blew me away when I purchased it.... the tone is pure in-your-face hi-mid grind (perfect for rock) but it is capable of being tamed very easily... a bit of a revelation really!

Geilerbass - yep, the Axe/Punisher don't get played live with the KISS tribute.... I wouldn't want to scratch/stain them - especially as the Punisher is #007 (#'s 001-006 are owned/played by Gene himself) and the Axe is one of the original ones (not the new Cort reissues - one of which I will be getting soon as an endorsee :lol: )[/quote]

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments..... there's 28 years of upgrading/trading/purchasing/swapping and working my fingers to the bone in that collection! lol!

[quote name='7string' post='775441' date='Mar 15 2010, 05:37 PM']WOW. Just WOW :rolleyes:

Have to say that I love NS2's. One of the first 'proper' basses I played but couldn't afford!!

The Kip Winger basses are great as well. I've had mine (lacewood w/Reflex pickups) since the early 90's and I wouldn't swap it for anything. Thoroughly recommended to anyone if you're looking for something a little different to the norm.

By the way, I think Kip's "Ghost" chamber piece is now on iTunes. He's a guy whose musical talents are way underestimated.[/quote]

I agree... the NS (designed by Ned Steinberger for Stuart Spector, then borrowed by Warwick) is up there with the P, J, Ricky & Stingray as all-time classic bass designs... :)

+1 on the 'Kip Winger' basses.... very powerful!

Yep, Kip is a HUGELY underrated talent.... a professional NY Ballet dancer, a classically trained musician who plays great bass & keys & writes amazing classical pieces in addition to his rock stuff.... and he's one helluva singer!

Edited by cetera