Why become a member? ×

NAFF!

xilddx

I hate custom graphics on a bass, particularly airbrush jobs of lions, big titty ladies, lightning bolts, Maori symbols, etc. I think they look puerile and totally naff, like drawing your favourite band logos all over your school books.

I can talk, I sometimes add jewellery to my basses, usually antique fish brooches.

What do you find naff?

[quote name='silddx' post='721199' date='Jan 22 2010, 02:09 PM']I hate custom graphics on a bass, particularly airbrush jobs of lions, big titty ladies, lightning bolts, Maori symbols, etc. I think they look puerile and totally naff, like drawing your favourite band logos all over your school books.

I can talk, I sometimes add jewellery to my basses, usually antique fish brooches.

What do you find naff?[/quote]

..Antique Fish Broaches! :)

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='721205' date='Jan 22 2010, 02:15 PM']I agree with the above sentiments entirely ... Is there? or will this be some sort of "Pimp my bass?" thread.[/quote]

Careful, I may have upset someone with such a suggestion...... :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74291"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=74291[/url]

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='721201' date='Jan 22 2010, 02:12 PM']You mean like this? :)

I think it looks rather fetching! I think it looks NAFF when players have their bass high enough so you would be able to see their belly button underneath it :rolleyes: (if they didn't have a top on)[/quote]
I think TM stevens and bootsy are the only two guys in the world that can pull off basses that extravagant without looking like a tit.

Edited by budget bassist

Perhaps it's a GAS-related syndrome where the afflicted people are more into 'the scene' than the music. Who cares what stuff looks like? It's the sound that emanates that's important and that will mainly be down to the skills of the player rather than the gear itself or any pretty pictures drawn on it.

This all reminds me of an old friend who was really into hi-fi and spent thousands, possibly tens of thousands, on his audio system. Thing is, he only had about 10 CDs. Equipment lover, yes. Music lover? Hmm. :)

[quote name='Dandelion' post='721456' date='Jan 22 2010, 05:59 PM']Some of those Traben bridges upset me..[/quote]

I think they'd look cool if you were in a metal band:

You can buy those bridges (or reproductions at least) on eBay too! Although the sun and flame versions do look a bit naff.

I personally hate basses that have been pimped with gold hardware and pearloid scratchplates. Too much bling, innit.

Edited by dannybuoy

[url="http://www.guitar.co.uk/documents/2669/2669-large.jpg"]http://www.guitar.co.uk/documents/2669/2669-large.jpg[/url]

Oooh. I'd have this one though. The Traben Phoenix 5 string. I have no taste. :lol:
I've got to stop listening to metal. :rolleyes: :)

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='DanOwens' post='722337' date='Jan 23 2010, 05:16 PM']I AGREE!!![/quote]
Yeah, thanks mate, nice one. You owe me £25 for a new keyboard, unless you fancy spending an afternoon cleaning the puke off it for me. I was just about to serve dinner aswell. Swinehund!