Why become a member? ×

'64 Precision

Beedster

[quote name='rjb' post='678338' date='Dec 8 2009, 07:23 PM']Looks amazing. Sorry if I'm being dumb, but what is the significance of June 64? If it's in the thread I must have missed it![/quote]
In Chris' profile you will see he was born in .... you guessed it!

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' post='678397' date='Dec 8 2009, 08:09 PM']Only had one Precision before and that was a 70s Fretless ( in the 80s I owned it ) never really fancied one again- but I do now!!

Fantastic Bass= looks much too good to be 35 yrs old- mojo!!

Bob[/quote]
That's [b]45[/b] dear boy :)

Edited by silddx

Meh.....it's alright!

I jest!
Wonderful news :)
I just got hold of an A series Jap Squier as my first foray into 'vintage' Precisions (I'm a Jazz guy you see), that alone is brilliant....so this must be truly sublime, especially with such a great life story behind it!.
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is it the original case and appropriate candy as well?

Si

Guys, many many thanks for the replies. I've just wasted 20 minutes trying to reply to all in one post (i.e., quoting all), firstly falling foul of the 'too many emoticons' error message, then the 'too many quotes' error message, so I gave up.

Just spent 4 hours with this baby and Stuart Clayton's Entwhistle transcriptions, and I have to say that the first few bars of 'The Real Me' sound as close to the Ox's tone as I'm ever going to get :)

Clarky, it was insured before I left the shop mate

C

For those wanting more pics (ie, while Chris gets his act together with a camera!), here is the link to the V&R advert with a bunch of photos [url="http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/our-catalogue/Fender/Electric-Basses/item/6455"]http://www.vintageandrareguitars.com/web/o...asses/item/6455[/url]