Why become a member? ×

I think we have linked to this guy before...

Musicman20

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr99nPYNEbs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr99nPYNEbs...feature=related[/url]

44 ish secs in. 1 finger picking.

His other videos are also insanely fast....

Metallica should have him to get someone close to Cliff's awesome playing.

The Battery video is awesome.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='661090' date='Nov 21 2009, 03:28 PM']Looking at the way he's constantly flexing his fingers/hand, he's either suffering from over playing or over egging the fact he's about to play fast. Not big and not clever to be that uncomfortable! :)[/quote]

I remember when I was on tour for two weeks and I somehow did some strange injury to my fretting hand thumb. I went to the Doctors, it got checked over....apparently it was just a damaged tendon that would heal. A year later it was still there. Now...its gone...thankfully. I think I over stretched or just got a little too excited. I try and play with a proper hand position at all times...until Ive had a few.

[quote name='4000' post='661247' date='Nov 21 2009, 06:52 PM']All I can say is playing that fast with a pick is easy and a lot less stressful on my hands![/quote]
Agreed, as its largely strumming one note fast its dead easy with a pick and this guy is making life difficult for himself (or just plain showing off)

[quote name='Clarky' post='661334' date='Nov 21 2009, 08:55 PM']Agreed, as its largely strumming one note fast its dead easy with a pick and this guy is making life difficult for himself (or just plain showing off)[/quote]

I thought that showing off was the main reason for posting stuff on YouTube :)

Really fast playing though!

He's got chops. Mad chops.

Also, unusual pick of a song goes to "Come Sweet Death" or "Komm, Susser Tod" as he's got it (umlaut on the u btw), awesome song, but unexpected bass cover. I suspect as he's Japanese I know why he's picked the song though, rather powerful in context of the animated film it was used in.

I think its a ego thing, although I must say Ive not seen many bassists who play that genre of music play as well as he does. He really excels with his fingers...although sometimes a pick would make it more defined for the immensely fast lines.

I wish I could play at half thats speed with my fingers. Pick.no probs, but fingers....I just havent got the strength or time to learn!

Using just one finger to do that stuff is a bit weird if you ask me, I do a finger picking thing that does a downstroke with the thumb then an upstroke with the index (not slapping!) - it uses about half the engery of what he's doing - and is effectively a finger version of using a pick - all that said he has a great tone and seems pretty on the timing - I'm just worried he's going to, or already has, injured himself.

M