Why become a member? ×

Basses on the settee

neilb

Basses 22

My 'in use' lot at the min. Next to the sofa so close enough! 

From top to bottom:

Recently purchased from this lovely community, a tidy '99 Yamaha Rbx765a. A great 'modern' bass. 

A Squier VM Jazz dating from 2006 which makes it an early one. I've had this since about 2009 and is to date the best passive bass I've ever owned. Definitely a keeper for both vintage and modern requirements. 

Another Squier next - this is part of an arrangement with one of my students. She preferred my old Legend (Aria) Jazz so I said we could swap for a while. It's a lovely bass, modded with a chrome work and a new scratch plate, it sees plenty of action. 

And lastly my good old Warwick Streamer LX5. Purchased brand new by me in 2001 when I was merely eighteen, it still delivers with that focused low-mid punch and growl. I'll be buried with this thing. 

There's my cheap 6-string too but that was at a friend's place so didn't make the photo. It's a KHL Wolf Bass - walnut and maple with a through neck and weighs a ton.. 

If you read this far, thanks for looking. 👍

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ah, it’s all coming together now. In that case, I take back what I said a while ago. I don’t think I had met you before 😂.

I didn't think so! I had an inkling that was you in the Wal beanie... I'll actually say hi next time I see you! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My small in numbers, mighty in power basses.... above sofa so close enough!

image.thumb.png.d53f60e8d549e80f5dfd8914163d162e.png

I've realised the moment I have a 3rd bass one of them starts not being played... Then I feel bad and want to downsize or reinvest into upgrading other gear or... Wouldn't discard a 3rd at some point, but how do you guys do it?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

I've realised the moment I have a 3rd bass one of them starts not being played... Then I feel bad and want to downsize or reinvest into upgrading other gear or... Wouldn't discard a 3rd at some point, but how do you guys do it?

Have four. then you have two that don't get played as much and relax a bit about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

Have four. then you have two that don't get played as much and relax a bit about it. 

you know you may well be onto something here... but those 4 would need to fit in my hangers - we've talked about this Luke, it's a complicated design lol!

Plus, I've agreed with the missus to lock my budget for gear and can only do trades now, can't let these two go.

Still, the principle of 4 may well make sense haha!

20 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

you know you may well be onto something here... but those 4 would need to fit in my hangers - we've talked about this Luke, it's a complicated design lol!

Plus, I've agreed with the missus to lock my budget for gear and can only do trades now, can't let these two go.

Still, the principle of 4 may well make sense haha!

it sounds odd, but I had 3 for ages and had a similar problem you describe, I always had the runt that was up for trade or sale or whatever... got to try a load of cool stuff so not a problem. With 4 you have a selection of flavours to try. So if you've got two rays, a limelight P go buy a jazz. You might not use it much, or the P but you've got those flavours there. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

it sounds odd, but I had 3 for ages and had a similar problem you describe, I always had the runt that was up for trade or sale or whatever... got to try a load of cool stuff so not a problem. With 4 you have a selection of flavours to try. So if you've got two rays, a limelight P go buy a jazz. You might not use it much, or the P but you've got those flavours there. 

Hm I can relate to that! I had the #1, the immediate #2/backup/similar but different, and #3 was the odd one out often on tour/sale/trade or something quirky like a short scale for when packing tight for a gig etc. 

you may be onto something my friend… Go and convince my wife to keep the limelight now that I’ve 2 ray specials in ha!

2 hours ago, Ander87 said:

You aren't playing often enough 🙂