Why become a member? ×

I'm dreading Friday

niceguyhomer

One of the most worst prepared bands I've seen was at a biker gig in Germany. They were all over the place but importantly kept going, the singer (and I use the term loosely) who had colours with rockers bellowed Danzig style "In a vite room, viss bleck curtains, at ze stay-shon" (I kid you not) and an uncomfortable looking girl on bass that could hardly play. But the atmosphere was great and it didn't matter! We all had a great sing along.

we play lots of biker events and 9x out of 10 always have a good time - crowd always seem well up for it, can get a bit hectic sometimes but we always play up to that!

worst ones we've done have been local Harley club gigs.... blimey, it was like playing in an old peoples home!!

peace

c

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='657823' date='Nov 18 2009, 08:56 AM']....I was asked to do a dep gig on Friday night - playing 'classic rock' (yawn) at a biker's do. We rehearsed last night and it was absolutely dreadful - we were all over the place and the noise was excrutiating....[/quote]
Bikers? You'll be fine, they'll be drunk. Just take ear plugs, stand there and play loud and look like you mean it. You'll get rebooked, no problem!!

[quote name='ahpook' post='658140' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:33 PM']what does that mean ?

serious question.[/quote]
Not much really, just that he was a full Motorcycle Club member. First you get your colours (MC emblem) then as time goes on and you prove allegiance your [s]gang[/s] club you get your top rocker (the curved patch above the emblem) then your bottom - it might be the other way round, I've forgotten. You aren't considered a full member until you have the full set. It's just a lot of tosh really but when I was a young prospector (on early probation) it meant the world.... then I grew up (a bit) and realised I'd prefer to be a more individual type dude.

here's an example....

[quote name='Clarky' post='657962' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:49 AM']I gave up biking in London after the second theft of a Harley (Sportster was chained to the pavement, and my pride-and-joy custom-painted Fat Boy was lifted on to a pickup truck)

I still wear a white leather thong though[/quote]

This thread is useless without pictures :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='658419' date='Nov 18 2009, 07:09 PM']Hey Al, wanna borrow this for the gig? Doubles up as a bandana

[attachment=36643:thong.jpg][/quote]

My goodness, that could get the whole forum removed from the internet. It's put me right of me HobNob and cup of tea that has. :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='658180' date='Nov 18 2009, 04:02 PM'][/quote]

why are they all so wide?!? :)

I played a small biker festival once, it was really cool, there weren't lot of people there, but the ones we met were really nice -far too stoned for the experience to really count! (them, not me) -but nice none-the-less :rolleyes:

Bikers and Hells Angels are different life forms! I've played bikers gigs and they are great people, we even got asked to turn down at one! But with Hells Angels, just keep it loud and don't stop playing. Oh, and if they ask for a request or an encore, just do it!!

I used to play at the Cartoon in Croydon and the Road Rats, local and very nasty Hells Angels gang, used to love the band, thank god!!

[quote name='chris_b' post='659204' date='Nov 19 2009, 01:42 PM']Bikers and Hells Angels are different life forms! I've played bikers gigs and they are great people, we even got asked to turn down at one! But with Hells Angels, just keep it loud and don't stop playing. Oh, and if they ask for a request or an encore, just do it!!

I used to play at the Cartoon in Croydon and the Road Rats, local and very nasty Hells Angels gang, used to love the band, thank god!![/quote]

Go on, tell me there was some Barry Manilow in the set list :)

[quote name='david_l_perry' post='658667' date='Nov 18 2009, 10:31 PM']Who is the band Alan...?

Hope its not Sabre...cos damn....that would be a bad gig.... :)[/quote]

I don't think it's appropriate to name the band as I can see how some people will think I started this thread to slag them off, which I'm not. I'm sure they're very good with their resident bassist and I'm the guilty party for the rehearsal being "all over the place". I don't do classic rock since I stopped playing guitar and I'm absolutely awful at busking.

• 2 weeks later...