Why become a member? ×

Engagement Bass!! OH YEAH!

CHRISDABASS

Hey All

:)

So me and my my other half got engaged back in summer! i bought her a very expensive engagement ring (Platinum + Diamonds) She's worth it! I couldn't be happier....................or so i thought!!!!

Tonight was our engagement party, all our family came to see us and it was getting off to a great start :rolleyes:

Then Jill (my Fiance) did a little toast to thank everyone for coming, then out of nowhere presented me with this......

[attachment=35953:DSCF0341.JPG]
[attachment=35954:DSCF0346.JPG]
[attachment=35955:DSCF0347.JPG]
[attachment=35956:DSCF0373.JPG]
[attachment=35957:DSCF0372.JPG]

as you can see by the very silly look on my face in the first pic i was absolutely stunned, excited and so, so happy!!!! :lol: :lol:

its an awesome and beautiful bass!! Im a very lucky man!!

:lol:

I hope your all jealous!! lol

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='648558' date='Nov 8 2009, 09:23 AM']Congratulations on your engagement, Chris! And make sure you hang onto your future wife - She's a diamond! What a lovely and thoughtful gift. You realise you have to keep that one forever now! :lol:

Rich.[/quote]

Thanks Rich (and everyone else) for the comments :)

The mrs really is awesome!! I'm so proud of her, not only for making an excellent choice of bass but for supporting my local guitar/bass shop instead of buying it online! :rolleyes:

I've hardly slept all night!! I'm so excited about this bass!! I love the thought of keeping hold of this one!! (the mrs and the bass)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='648574' date='Nov 8 2009, 09:45 AM']Thanks Rich (and everyone else) for the comments :)

The mrs really is awesome!! I'm so proud of her, not only for making an excellent choice of bass but for supporting my local guitar/bass shop instead of buying it online! :rolleyes:

I've hardly slept all night!! I'm so excited about this bass!! I love the thought of keeping hold of this one!! (the mrs and the bass)

:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Thats a truly brilliant gift....what a bass as well. You definitely have to keep that now....for life!

How many awesome Oly White 08/09 P Basses on basschat now? :lol:

You make a good couple as well, congrats!

(I hope I get the same if I decide on the same path with the missus....)

[quote name='molan' post='648735' date='Nov 8 2009, 01:23 PM']My (first) wedding cake was in the shape of a white P Bass, lol.

Must have an old pic of it somewhere in the family vaults![/quote]
Reminds me of my first custom commission in 2003. My bride plays the piano. The black notes tasted nice!

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='648485' date='Nov 8 2009, 01:04 AM']I hope your all jealous!! lol

:)[/quote]

Great story and yes, very jealous! You are a lucky man on both counts..

I think we need a new 'unoffical' Basschat policy that barrs you from ever trying to sell or trade that bass here on BC.. It has to be a keeper for life! :rolleyes:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='648789' date='Nov 8 2009, 02:24 PM']Great story and yes, very jealous! You are a lucky man on both counts..

I think we need a new 'unoffical' Basschat policy that barrs you from ever trying to sell or trade that bass here on BC.. It has to be a keeper for life! :)[/quote]

I'd never dream of selling that bass! ever!!

im gonna teach my kids to play it one day! lol

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='648828' date='Nov 8 2009, 03:00 PM']That is awesome but you now have 2 Sadowsky's you're not allowed to play :lol:

"Why aren't you playing the one I got you?" :lol:[/quote]

Hahahahahaahaha :)

The good thing about that is she (very cleverly) understands that the Fender does all the things my Sadowsky's cant do (Classic passive "old school" tone + low notes from the 5th string) and vice versa so she knows i'll use different basses for different songs/sounds etc

:rolleyes:

Congratulations, what an awesome gift, you must be chuffed both with the bass and most importantly the engagement. I will have to show the missus this one, I have been hinting at engagement bass (when the time comes) so maybe I should leave this page open on her laptop as a hint :)

Congrats on your engagement and bagging such a thoughtful young lady.

Hmm that's made me think. I seem to remember buying my wife an enagement ring (those many years ago), but don't recall her ever getting me anything in return. I think it's time to call in that debt with a call to the bass gallery :)

Edited by purpleblob