Why become a member? ×

Nick Beggs = Legend

Bass_In_Yer_Face

Saw the legend that is Nick Beggs on Thursday playing with Kajagoogoo in Southampton. I stood in awe most of the evening. At the end he tugged at his shirt to acknowledge he had seem me wearing my Musicman Stingray t-shirt......he'd been playing a Stingray all evening. He did break out the Chapman stick but to be honest, I couldn't actually hear it!

Edited by Bass_In_Yer_Face
  • Like 1

[quote name='Bass_In_Yer_Face' post='615717' date='Oct 3 2009, 02:31 PM']Saw the legend that is Nick Beggs on Thursday playing with Kajagoogoo in Southampton. I stood in awe most of the evening. At the end he tugged at his shirt to acknowledge he had seem me wearing my Musicman Stingray t-shirt......he'd been playing a Stingray all evening. He did break out the Chapman stick but to be honest, I couldn't actually hear it![/quote]

MB1. :)
..That does Surprise me! usually he's Too Shy!.....Sorry!..i'll get me coat!...

• 10 years later...

Thought he was good in Kaja but since then he has just totally impressed me with the things he's accomplished. I'd agree the man is a legend in his own time. He can play any style, finger, pick, slap and Chapman stick.

And he comes across as a genuine nice guy.

Dave

I met him a few years back after a Steven Wilson gig & took the opporunity to rib him gently about the fact that, since Too Shy was the first slap part I''d ever learned, it was therefore his fault I'd spent the mid '80s shoehorning inappropriate & badly-played slap into dozens of unsuspecting songs! The poor chap seemed genuinely apologetic!

A lovely gentleman and an absolutely immense player. And this is a perfect opportunity to post this again:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fleabag said:

My pal lives in the same town as Nick and often sees him plodding around, and always says hello, and up for a quick chat. My pal reckons he's one of the nicest down to earth human being

My brother lives there too and says the same. Town also has Rusty Goffe, the Willy Wonka dwarf. Yet to see the two together but would make quite the pair.

3 minutes ago, Drax said:

My brother lives there too and says the same. Town also has Rusty Goffe, the Willy Wonka dwarf. Yet to see the two together but would make quite the pair.

Along with Frank Bruno! The drummer of The Barron Knights lives close and so did Bob Monkhouse before he departed!

Absolutely one of my fave people ever in music. His bass playing (and Stick) is immense, he produces incredible music with incredible artists, he does amazing quickfire sketches, he is Incredibly funny on social media videos - just a complete nutcase! 

• Like 2