Why become a member? ×

Bloody guitarists

waynepunkdude

I am looking forward to our guitarist's reaction to my Traben Chaos tonight - he does play a little bass but considers all basses apart from the Fender Precision to be unnecessary (although I reckon a few people here might agree with him :) )

Having said that, he wasn't too disparaging about my Gibson G-3 (even going as far as wanting a go of it) so maybe there's hope. Until I tell him the Traben's active...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='605579' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:54 PM']I have been replaying what my guitarist said over and over again in my head since last night.

"I don't do this for fun I do it for the music" isn't music suppose to be fun? for God sake.[/quote]

I've heard people say things like that before. They're a bit simple, aren't they?

I think what he might be trying to say is that he takes it quite seriously and enjoys the hard work/achievement more than the sex and drugs.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='605579' date='Sep 22 2009, 01:54 PM']I have been replaying what my guitarist said over and over again in my head since last night.

"I don't do this for fun I do it for the music" isn't music suppose to be fun? for God sake.[/quote]

Sounds like something Jeremy or Super Hans would say in Peep Show

tell him that he should go and join some caberet band playing the same songs everyday and getting paid for it rather than being in a punk rock band with the ethics of punk rock being having fun with your friends. tell him he doesn't have to play and the world doesn't depend on his playing then cut all of his strings when he's playing and say 'see, i told you the world wouldn't end. your suffering is in vien'.

Cheers guys, it was very frustrating, me and the dep drummer turned up for a practice (the gig is tomorrow) tonight straight from work and he complained about being tired because it was he first day back to art college after 4 months off. Anyway I think he has had a rethink now but I haven't had an apology but I expect I won't get one.

Lucky he's not doing it for the fun, then how would he bear the searing pain of suffering for his "music" with bleeding split fingertips whilst soloing using all the modes (after his first day back from arty-farty college) BIG TART.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' post='606124' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:32 PM']Lucky he's not doing it for the fun, then how would he bear the searing pain of suffering for his "music" with bleeding split fingertips whilst soloing using all the modes (after his first day back from arty-farty college) BIG TART.[/quote]

My old band auditioned a guitarist like that once.........Played a 100 notes a second at his audition, very impressive! But could he play a song? Er, no :rolleyes: When ever we were trying to hold a discussion in between songs, we had to shout at each other, due to his 100MPH solo fest :)

[quote name='Golchen' post='606465' date='Sep 23 2009, 10:25 AM'][i]Golchen, as both guitarist and art student in previous life, keeps head low.[/i]

Total twattage there. I could understand maybe if it was a creative band with a record deal.[/quote]

The gig he has a problem with is doing Punk covers at a freshers ball, how can that not be fun?

Edited by waynepunkdude