Why become a member? ×

Bass Bargains You've Found

Bass_In_Yer_Face

I've had some serious bargains over the last while
Got a Mark Hoppus sig in Pink for a song,
A cheap SUB-in perfect nick
An American Deluxe Precision-very cheap!

best of all was a multi-trade with no money involved at all and a monster of a result:
Traded a backup Fender BXR combo I bought for 150euros, for a Fender 400 PRO head
Had it for two years, then traded it for Marshall TSL 100 guitar half-stack (had it for 6 weeks, never used)
Traded that for a fully cased Marshall VBA400 and VBC412 :)
Best 150 investment ever, never happier!

[quote name='ped' post='785248' date='Mar 24 2010, 10:19 PM']Lorne - you FOUND those double necks?? Literally FOUND them??? Sweet![/quote]

Found them,as in Found them for sale

My friend said to me "I've always wanted a doubleneck Bich bass,but I've never even seen one,let alone for sale"

So,I said "Do you want one $xxxx" and sent him in the direction of the Koa one

Then a year later I got him the pink one,which came with a very nice quilted 4 string version and both together were cheaper than the Koa one :)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='785239' date='Mar 24 2010, 10:14 PM']No problem, Mart - I'll be picking this one up at the weekend so I'll send you a full report when I've restrung/set it up. I have a line on a mint EB0 at the moment as well. If it's a nice one I'll hold it for you. It'll be cheap as chips, anyway. :)[/quote]

Cheers Mate,

that would help keep the Ray and Status dink free!

[quote name='Bay Splayer' post='786179' date='Mar 25 2010, 06:58 PM']found this on gumtree.....£150

[url="http://img185.imageshack.us/i/image0501.jpg/"][/url]

2x15 800watts EV loaded :)[/quote]

Mesa? For £150?? Bloody hell

I picked up a tatty old '76 Fender Musicmaster for £200. I suppose thats the only real "deal" ive had, its a lovely little thing and is on these forums somewhere as I got it refin'd.

Edited by Stag

[quote name='Bassassin' post='594454' date='Sep 10 2009, 12:19 AM']Current squeeze Westbury Track 2 - £61 delivered from Fleabay, replaced the bridge & switch & it's a stunner.[/quote]

First time I've heard anyone mention those on here!

My mum handed me down one as my first bass in black with a tort pickguard. I still have it, though I had to change to bridge too though, weird curved thing it was! I haphazardly stuck a badass imitation on it (had to fit a shim in the hole) and it's still awesome. The stock pickups are great (EMG??) - really high output! I'm not using it for gigs at the moment because of an earthing issue I can't be arsed to get sorted. Probably should though... Great little instrument it is!

Couple of months back I grabbed a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 (the natural finish ones with gold hardware) + Warwick Rockbag + a Tuner for £175 delivered from eBay. This I have strung with Rotosound Tru Bass strings and use for all my gigs at the moment. It's an absolute steal and why I can gladly part ways with my Stingray 5!

Edited by theosd

[quote name='theosd' post='786492' date='Mar 25 2010, 11:42 PM']First time I've heard anyone mention those on here!

My mum handed me down one as my first bass in black with a tort pickguard. I still have it - the pickups are great! Had to change to bridge too though, weird curved thing it was! I haphazardly stuck a badass imitation on it (had to fit a shim in the hole) and it's still awesome. The stock pickups are great (EMG??) - really high output! I'm not using it for gigs at the moment because of an earthing issue I can't be arsed to get sorted. Probably should though... Great little instrument it is!

Couple of months back I grabbed a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 (the natural finish ones with gold hardware) + Warwick Rockbag + a Tuner for £175 delivered from eBay. This I have strung with Rotosound Tru Bass strings and use for all my gigs at the moment. It's an absolute steal and why I can gladly part ways with my Stingray 5![/quote]

Pickups on the Westbury are Di Marzio's, old Model P's i think. Awesome sounding basses. I had one as my first bass about fifteen years ago and regreted getting rid of it so much, i finally bought another one a couple of weeks ago. Any chance of some pics of your bridge conversion?

[quote name='theosd' post='786492' date='Mar 25 2010, 11:42 PM']I had to change to bridge too though, weird curved thing it was![/quote]
That'll be because the originals seem to be made from chewing gum & bend under string tension. This was mine when I got it:

[attachment=45688:trackbridge.jpg]

I've seen quite a few which have done this, seems to be a rare quality oversight from Matsumoku. I managed to find an older, more solid base/body fro mine, from Howard Bass Doc.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=56477"]Anyway read all about it here.[/url].

J.