Why become a member? ×

How many basses do you own.

metalmaniac

I voted '3' because, technically, the third one is still a bass.

1 - Fender Jaguar, black, with which I am totally and helplessly in love
2 - Hayman 4040, natural, with which I am also totally and helplessly in love (2 loves, am I just a whore?)
3 - Starter Peavey Milestone II with which I am, er, not. Difficult to play in the loft, I suppose, but - hey - the others might spontaneously combust or something.

Quick edit - the thing on the left says 'no longer a newbie' - how did that happen? I thought I was?

Edited by Paul S

Just the 2. A Spector Euro 4 LX (Natural Oil) and an Epiphone Thunderbird (Tobacco Sunburst).

I'm hoping to add an Ibanez ATK300 to my collection, in the not too distant future. Preferably a 90's model if I can find one.

I don't see myself needing more than 3 but who knows? Of course, that's part from maybe something cheap and temporary to trash at the odd gig :)

• 2 weeks later...

ive got three, but kinda four,

[list]
[*]Jaydee Roadie 2 Active: My Fave Bass!!! perfect sounds, looks, playablitiy!!!
[*]Squier Jazz bass: good bass, perfect for everything ranging from jaco to marcus!!!
[*]Shine violin bass: good for a nice dead sound, similar to macca...
[*]Jaydee series 1: my dads bass, perfect for slap and fingerstyle, amazing bass, the only way to go for the mark king sound!
[/list]

amazing basses, and i think theyll be all i ever need, except a nice fretless fender jazz bass (or the squier vintage modified one), a status and another jaydee or two :):):huh:

but im just dreaming

merry xmas!

I have - to my astonishment - five.

Ibanez PJ
Fender Jazz Bass Special
Ibanez SRX500
Ibanez SR 5-string (still in the UK)
Burny Mockingbird

The Burny is on its way out. I restored it from firewood to a playable, good bass, but I can't get on with the shape. I can't seem to sell it locally, either. I only get idiot offers or timewasters.

It all happened rather slowly. I had the Ibanez PJ as my only bass for 15 years or more. I got a Fender Jazz Bass Special to replace it, as the Ibby was too valuable to me. But then I realised that the Fender - it is in 9.8/10 condition - was too nice to take out and ding. I got the SRX, which is now my main bass. The 5-string is my first 5er and is an experiment. The Burny was a project which, as stated, was fun up until the project was completed.

No plans for any new basses for a long while, especially now that the band doesn't seem to be forming. Ho hum.

[quote name='BigRedX' post='363704' date='Dec 26 2008, 03:49 PM']That's a nice collection of basses!

Is that the Bas Extravaganza Punk Rock Bass at the front?

And what's the yellow one just behind it?[/quote]

Wow, someone who knows this "Punk Bass" ! It is indeed the Xtravaganza punk bass which I bought from someone in Rotterdam.
The yellow-one is a custom made hybrid Jazz bass with cheese holes in it and made by a local repairman in Belgium..

Tally of basses ever owned currently @ 9

Tally of basses in my possession still @ 4 ½ (I’m half way through building one) - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32620&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32620&hl=[/url]

• 14 years later...

Aviator IB-300

Harley Benton BZ-5000 NT Deluxe Series

Harley Benton JB-75MN NA Vintage Series

Harley Benton MM-84A SB Deluxe Series

Harley Benton PB-50 SB Vintage Series

Harley Benton TB-70 SBK Deluxe Series

No name "Frankenstein" Jazz Bass

Peavey C-4

Peavey C-5

Stagg Fusion SBF-40 NAT FL

SX SWB-1

• Like 1

On 24/12/2008 at 00:28, MacDaddy said:

er, 0. http://basschat.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/%3C#EMO_DIR%23%3E/unsure.png

but I've got 2 on order. Was going to pick up my Iceni today (Wednesday) but my car decided to die on me http://basschat.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/%3C#EMO_DIR%23%3E/sad.png

Update

Custom Shuker (x3)

Rob Allen Mouse

Snapdragon Folding Bass

4 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I'm down from about 40 to just 5, and expect that to go down to 4 when I get around to selling the Squier Bass VI and Burns Barracuda and replace them with another Eastwood Hooky.

There's a red one been on facebook for quite a while now, down to £780, dont know if it's sold and an old advert or not. It's in Liverpool.

I'd considered picking it up on a recent trip to Scotland and selling my Fac51 but never got around to messaging.