Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash, 10th October 2009

silverfoxnik

If it's possible to do PayPal (or similar) transactions on the day on one person's laptop (I've no idea how that would all work) then that would be a real help for those of us planning to do some trading.

Wouldn't you need a Wi-Fi connection at the school, though?

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='621349' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:49 AM']If it's possible to do PayPal (or similar) transactions on the day on one person's laptop (I've no idea how that would all work) then that would be a real help for those of us planning to do some trading.

Wouldn't you need a Wi-Fi connection at the school, though?[/quote]

Nah hes got mobile internets on his 3 dongle :)

Hope guitars are allowed :)

[b]FOR SALE[/b]

01. Silverfoxnik: For sale and/or trade: GK 700RB head, Kay '80s thru neck bass (for sale/trade). Interested in: 5 string basses, preferably passive & through-neck..
02. MacDaddy. For trade. Hercules guitar stand - the one that folds up small, black with a dark orange centre. I need to trade for a guitar stand I can use with my Hamer Blitz bass (Explorer bass) which needs to hang rather than sit. Ta.
03.Captain Rumble: For sale Wal pro 1
04. Shockwave: For sale, Ashdown Little Giant 1000. Wanted, Hybrid or all valve amp heads/racks.
05. silddx: For sale
:: [b]PRS SE Custom Semi Hollow guitar[/b], natural quilted flame maple top, Sperzel locking tuners, mint condition. [b]£395[/b].
:: [b]Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver DI[/b]. Boxed and mint (but with velcro on the bottom) [b]£130[/b].
:: [b]Boss TU-2 Tuner pedal[/b]. Boxed. Very good condition (but with velcro on the bottom) [b]£38[/b].
:: [b]Yamaha SPX50D Programmable Rack Effects Unit[/b]. For those classic '80s studio effects :rolleyes: No box but with manual, fully working. [b]£35[/b].

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Shockwave' post='621346' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:48 AM']At this rate you'll be bringing the entire contents of your house! But yeahhhhhhhhh :) Most BCers wont be used to chatting in real life about basses for hours on end. So would probably need their website fix too![/quote]

As long as I don't have to bring the missus it's fine :rolleyes:

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='621300' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:58 AM']Hi Folks,

I wanted to be able to let [b]Graham Wheeler[/b] know how many people were interested in having a [b]set up[/b] done at the Bash tomorrow. If it's only me interested, then there's really no point him coming all the way to Surrey for the day!!

So, out of [b]courtesy[/b] to Graham, if you are interested in having a set-up done on the day [b]please add you name to this list[/b] below, so I can let him know if he's needed... thanks?

[i]"The charge for a set-up will be [b]£35[/b] and if you are planning on having one done, [b]please remember to bring your own choice of strings[/b] with you on the day!!"[/i]

[b]Set-Ups List:[/b]
01. Silverfoxnik
10.[/quote]

Any more takers??

[quote name='silddx' post='621351' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:51 AM']05. silddx: For sale
:: [b]PRS SE Custom Semi Hollow guitar[/b], natural quilted flame maple top, Sperzel locking tuners, mint condition. [b]£395[/b].
:: [b]Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver DI[/b]. Boxed and mint (but with velcro on the bottom) [b]£130[/b].
:: [b]Boss TU-2 Tuner pedal[/b]. Boxed. Very good condition (but with velcro on the bottom) [b]£38[/b].[/quote]
PM'd re: SanSamp PDDI + Tuner

See you all there at the Bash!

Seriously getting excited now ([i]contain yourself![/i])

[quote name='Bottle' post='621527' date='Oct 9 2009, 12:50 PM']PM'd re: SanSamp PDDI + Tuner

See you all there at the Bash!

Seriously getting excited now ([i]contain yourself![/i])[/quote]

I'm not, oh no not at all (runs around in circles in the office again shouting and jumping up and down ) - see totally coolio.....

I keep getting the oddest looks you know :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='621349' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:49 AM']If it's possible to do PayPal (or similar) transactions on the day on one person's laptop (I've no idea how that would all work) then that would be a real help for those of us planning to do some trading.

Wouldn't you need a Wi-Fi connection at the school, though?[/quote]

I've just asked the school if they have a wireless network they could let me use for the day, if they have and can, I'll take my laptop and make it available for anyone who wants to use it for GAS attacks!

[quote name='Hamster' post='621566' date='Oct 9 2009, 01:21 PM']I've just asked the school if they have a wireless network they could let me use for the day, if they have and can, I'll take my laptop and make it available for anyone who wants to use it for GAS attacks![/quote]

Just heard back, no wireless available :)

Hi Guys, just a quick request to anyone coming to my workshop, it would be handy for the purposes of demonstration if you could bring a random piece of music (cd or summat) as I would like to play for you guys a piece that I've never heard before in order to demonstrate the importance of ear training. Obviously the chances are that I will have heard some of the things that you may bring but I'll be honest and if I've never played said track before I should be able to show you how quickly a well trained pair of ears can analyse a piece.
Cheers in advance.
Jake

[quote name='jakesbass' post='621845' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:30 PM']Hi Guys, just a quick request to anyone coming to my workshop, it would be handy for the purposes of demonstration if you could bring a random piece of music (cd or summat) as I would like to play for you guys a piece that I've never heard before in order to demonstrate the importance of ear training. Obviously the chances are that I will have heard some of the things that you may bring but I'll be honest and if I've never played said track before I should be able to show you how quickly a well trained pair of ears can analyse a piece.
Cheers in advance.
Jake[/quote]

Oooo, this could turn into "Beat Jake's ears" lol

I think I'm able to come to the bash now!
I'll be going straight to a gig afterwards, so won't have my amps with me (still in van from tonight's gig), but will be bringing my 2003 US Jazz, 1973 Jazz & my Parts/Shuker Drop C Jazz

Cool :)
Si

[quote name='alexclaber' post='621385' date='Oct 9 2009, 10:27 AM']Is anyone coming from the east end of London who has the space/inclination to transport a Barefaced Vintage?

Alex[/quote]
No but mine is coming there.

I suspect you want someone to take one away though....

I can do that too, but not going to East London :)

[quote name='silddx' post='621351' date='Oct 9 2009, 09:51 AM'][b]FOR SALE[/b]

01. Silverfoxnik: For sale and/or trade: GK 700RB head, Kay '80s thru neck bass (for sale/trade). Interested in: 5 string basses, preferably passive & through-neck..
02. MacDaddy. For trade. Hercules guitar stand - the one that folds up small, black with a dark orange centre. I need to trade for a guitar stand I can use with my Hamer Blitz bass (Explorer bass) which needs to hang rather than sit. Ta.
03.Captain Rumble: For sale Wal pro 1
04. Shockwave: For sale, Ashdown Little Giant 1000. Wanted, Hybrid or all valve amp heads/racks.
05. silddx: For sale[/quote]
silddx is for sale? :rolleyes:

I'll buy you for £100 :)

[quote name='jakesbass' post='621845' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:30 PM']Hi Guys, just a quick request to anyone coming to my workshop, it would be handy for the purposes of demonstration if you could bring a random piece of music (cd or summat) as I would like to play for you guys a piece that I've never heard before in order to demonstrate the importance of ear training. Obviously the chances are that I will have heard some of the things that you may bring but I'll be honest and if I've never played said track before I should be able to show you how quickly a well trained pair of ears can analyse a piece.
Cheers in advance.
Jake[/quote]

I'll have to bring some black metal then :)

[quote name='alexclaber' post='621954' date='Oct 9 2009, 07:45 PM']Just to let y'all know, I shall be bringing the following from the Barefaced stable:

2 x Midget, 2 x Compact, 1 x Big One.

Alex[/quote]

I'll leave my compact at home then!

It'll be interesting to A/B a Big One with my BFM Omni15 TallBoy

Cheers in advance.
Jake[/quote]

Oh mate, thats a red flag to a bull with this lot!!!

Hope your good (dumb comment #46 of the day I know :rolleyes:) or some swine he will bring something utterly unfathomable!

<Brain/CD collection wracking begins!>

On another note both Plux & I will be there, all the gear is now completely blocking the hall - Its like a tiny Berg warehouse :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='621300' date='Oct 9 2009, 08:58 AM']Hi Folks,

I wanted to be able to let [b]Graham Wheeler[/b] know how many people were interested in having a [b]set up[/b] done at the Bash tomorrow. If it's only me interested, then there's really no point him coming all the way to Surrey for the day!!

So, out of [b]courtesy[/b] to Graham, if you are interested in having a set-up done on the day [b]please add you name to this list[/b] below, so I can let him know if he's needed... thanks?

[i]"The charge for a set-up will be [b]£35[/b] and if you are planning on having one done, [b]please remember to bring your own choice of strings[/b] with you on the day!!"[/i]

[b]Set-Ups List:[/b]
01. Silverfoxnik
10.[/quote]

Hi Folks

With not enough takers for set-ups, I've cancelled Graham coming up tomorrow which is a bit of a shame. I didn't think it would be fair for him to trek all the way up there (which for him is about a 100 mile round trip) just to do 1 or 2 set-ups at most..

As reference for next time, are set-ups on the day of a Bash not of much interest then?

Nik