Why become a member? ×

most owned bass on basschat?

ZMech

Various times in the for sale section i've seen basses that people comment about how it was previously theirs. This made me wonder what bass on basschat has had the most owners (preferably all basschaters). Any ideas?

[quote name='Shaggy' post='531820' date='Jul 3 2009, 04:34 PM']Chris Beedster and Shockwave have probably owned most of them :rolleyes:
There's a nice Spector Euro 5-string in blond flame maple that I seem to have seen at least 3 or 4 times[/quote]

I saw the title of the thread and was just about to say the same thing! I think my old '73 Precision with a J-PUP at the neck has probably been owned by at least 5% of BC members, and the old Black Rose Telebass must be up there also, although I haven't seen it for sale for a while. I think the Modulus Sonic Hammer did the rounds also, infact I tried to buy it back but to no avail.

We should have a Basses-reunited forum where we can get back in touch with our ex's :)

[quote name='sgt-pluck' post='531964' date='Jul 3 2009, 08:07 PM']My Blazer has been owned by at least two b'chatters. It has reached the end of it's journey now though :)

Pluck[/quote]

Mate, only worth mentioning on this thread once it's passed the ten owners threshold :rolleyes:

Nick 'Old Horse' Murphy's lovely 3TS Precision (currently FS for a bargain price IMHO) has been owned by 4 people despite only being a 2008 bass and despite it being quite gorgeous! My good self, Jono Bolton and Nick (twice). In terms of ownership per month of existence that must be pretty impressive.

I say it again though, its a bl**dy nice nbass and someone should become the 5th owner PDQ at that price.

[quote name='Shaggy' post='531820' date='Jul 3 2009, 04:34 PM']Chris Beedster and Shockwave have probably owned most of them :rolleyes:
There's a nice Spector Euro 5-string in blond flame maple that I seem to have seen at least 3 or 4 times[/quote]

As dissapointing as it sounds, i dont actually buy a huge amount on BC, the majority i get off of Ebay or other sources.

now compared to most people i still do buy more basses on BC then most, that gives you an idea of how much i buy in total INCLUDING ebay :)

[quote name='Shaggy' post='531820' date='Jul 3 2009, 04:34 PM']There's a nice Spector Euro 5-string in blond flame maple that I seem to have seen at least 3 or 4 times[/quote]
That would be mine now. I think its had maybe 6 owners? I can't understand why! Now I've sorted the neck with a fret dressing, its one of the best sounding basses I've ever played. I'd kill for a fretless version with a poly or stainless steel fingerboard.

There was that red & black modded Precision bass that was passed around quite a while ago.

Thats pushing back to the Bassworld days though, I think Thunderchief(Mike) and Homerplaysbass(Al) both had it at one point, I think Rayman may have dabbled with it also.

And dont forget the 4 stg natural Roscoe with the pointy head stock..
Inc Bassworld and Basschat it has had a least 4 owners [ inc me], and more i suspect..
It became known as the ol' Slapper. :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=38820&hl=roscoe"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...0&hl=roscoe[/url]

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote]My old 2005 Buttercream Stingray has had at least three owners on here - I traded it to Mr Cougar, he's sold it since. I've seen a couple of them up for sale since then, so I don't know if it's travelled further now![/quote]

it has

[quote]I say it again though, its a bl**dy nice nbass and someone should become the 5th owner PDQ at that price.[/quote]

they have (tomorrow)

antony

Edited by anthomp

I had the Cairns/Satterley Stingray that 's been around the block a few times. Owners I know of are cd_david (twice), funkydoug, wateroftyne, myself and it now currently resides with danlaw. A fantastic bass (a heavy bugger though!) which I would have kept if I hadn't gone over to 5 string full time.