Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo

birdy

• 3 weeks later...

Just some really quick pics of the new LG4 in Sonic Blue. Some of you will know I've been chasing this bass for a long time...and it doesn't disappoint in any way. My favourite colour (with MHS) and a truly stunning player. It's consecutively numbered with the 3TS LG4 too (and as far as I know, these were the two last basses - or at least two of the last - out of Jimmy's NY operation). It's nitro with the DN board for those with an interest in the detail.

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='Platypus' post='737439' date='Feb 6 2010, 05:50 PM']Gotta love the sonic blue! Is there difference in tone between the two?[/quote]
The tone is extremely close between the two - moreso unplugged! I'll have the sonic set-up and re-strung (same strings as those on the 3TS) later in the week and then can make a proper comparison. What is becoming more apparent as I play both ACs is the very even, focused and tight tone: nothing extreme at the top or bottom - almost compressed without using any compression.

Apologies for the poor images - we had a bit of sun in Manchester and I hoped to get a couple of half decent shots from the 'phone. I'll try to get something better in a few days. Incidentally, the seller (an extremely nice and helpful guy in the US) provided both a mint guard and a tort. I haven't tried the latter yet but I'll take a look when I get a chance to drop it in (I'll try to get pictures with both).

Looks fantastic!! I know what you mean about the almost compressed thing!!

The last two gigs I have played I have had two different people, both musicians, tell me after the gig that the bass sound was the best they had ever heard. Unfortunately they didnt mention my playing just the tone :-)

[quote name='lozbass' post='737321' date='Feb 6 2010, 03:41 PM']Just some really quick (iphone) pics of the new LG4 in Sonic Blue. Some of you will know I've been chasing this bass for a long time...and it doesn't disappoint in any way. My favourite colour (with MHS) and a truly stunning player. It's consecutively numbered with my 3TS LG4 too (and as far as I know, these were the two last basses - or at least two of the last - out of Jimmy's NY operation). It's nitro with the DN board for those with an interest in the detail. More photographs and a better review later in the week - I just wanted to make the best of the afternoon sunshine in Manchester![/quote]
Thats the prettiest AC I've seen yet - very nice

[quote name='molan' post='738846' date='Feb 8 2010, 12:20 PM']Nitro sunburst with Dalbergia Negra board is nice too though :)[/quote]
Hahaha...and a low B!

Thanks to all for the very kind comments on the Sonic Blue - I'm very chuffed - Sonic is my favourite colour (and colour is always an important factor in the buying decision - they might as well look good 'cause I'm a c**p player!)

I'll certainly try to get some better pics of the blue LG4 later in the week

I love the Celinder 4's (own one!) but I think the Celinder 5's can look quite ugly. He also tends to go for ridiculous birdseye boards and necks which aren't my thing, especially with then a vintage tint and gloss applied over the top - but then, different strokes for different folks, right? Whatever gets you through the night :)

Birdy, Fingerz and I had a mini-bash today - took a few pics.

I'm into five strings but the two Fender Jazz basses were the stars of the day for the other two.
Jo plays an eighties Japanese Fender Jazz and Birdy just bought Ari's 70s Jazz.

The amazing thing is they both sound and play FANtastic. We were saying we should record all these basses and have people pick their favourite tones. I think plenty people might be surprised at the results - Interesting day.

Thanks Steve and Jo.

Edited by Flanker

It was pretty amazing to see the three AC's together. Thanks guys for letting me play on these awesome basses. That Jazz with the AC preamp (white one) is the most ridiculous jazz bass I have EVER played, I don't think they come any better than that. It was nice (and bizarre) to find my 80's Jap Jazz to be pretty similar by comparison though..

Thanks Steve for hosting and the Tea and Orange Club biscuits (fine combo!)

Cheers guys

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='birdy' post='778400' date='Mar 18 2010, 11:06 AM']Pinched from Talkbass....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-bVs1INtY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl-bVs1INtY[/url]

What a happy guy :-)

Steve[/quote]
Really made me smile! What a lovely, laconic style - the music and groove just flow out - effortless cool