Why become a member? ×

Sandberg...?? anyone use them? want them?

jimijimmi

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='493168' date='May 20 2009, 12:20 PM']Years ago when I bought my first LMII from Electromusic in Doncaster, the guy handed me a Sandberg to try the amp with and I turned my nose up at it. Boy was I surprised when I plugged it in and played it - it was fantastic and I've wanted one ever since.

A coupla weeks ago I bought this off another BCer and I love it - it's a superb bass. Hope the person who took the photo doesn't mind me using it.

[/quote]

That was mine and I kinda regretted selling it, as it looks awesome! I really loved the neck on it. Glad you're enjoying it! Im tempted to get myself a California J when I have some money sorted.

[quote name='tombboy' post='494086' date='May 21 2009, 11:42 AM']My custom was ordered through Darren at Bass Merchant in Colchester. You can't order direct from Sandberg. Synergy is the UK distributer and all dealers go through them.
Darren was very helpful and kept me fully updated. Gave a generous discount off the RRP (I know they all do but this was a very good whack!!). The whole process from idea to product in my hands was about nine weeks, which is bloody quick for a custom finish.[/quote]

Cheers for that. I'm based in Manchester and I think my nearest Sandberg dealer is PMT (previously Sound Control Salford). I'll get in touch and see wht they say.

Mark

[quote name='Geoff' post='494088' date='May 21 2009, 11:43 AM']That was mine and I kinda regretted selling it, as it looks awesome! I really loved the neck on it. Glad you're enjoying it! Im tempted to get myself a California J when I have some money sorted.[/quote]

Twas indeed yours Geoff - I'm really glad you sold it :)

I own a fretless Sandberg Bullet 5, one of Sandbergs own models, and I love it. Very fast neck, and a beautiful tone. Workmanship is absolutely flawless. And I love the finish of the body: it has a matt tobacco burst lacquer finish over a sandblasted ash body. During the sandblasting, the dark softer parts of the grain were etched somewhat deeper, creating a beautiful texture.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='493168' date='May 20 2009, 12:20 PM']Years ago when I bought my first LMII from Electromusic in Doncaster, the guy handed me a Sandberg to try the amp with and I turned my nose up at it. Boy was I surprised when I plugged it in and played it - it was fantastic and I've wanted one ever since.

A coupla weeks ago I bought this off another BCer and I love it - it's a superb bass. Hope the person who took the photo doesn't mind me using it.

[/quote]

I was after this bass myself but missed out due to shortcomings in the cashflow department. Gutted I was. If you ever decide you don't want it anymore I'll have a second crack at trying to afford it :)

• 5 months later...

just found this website [url="http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/(s(y9yd7jaa5ubn0ojsbzdcn4pi))/guitar-bass/electric-basses/electric-bass-guitar/sandberg.aspx"]http://www.musik-produktiv.co.uk/(s(y9yd7j...r/sandberg.aspx[/url] lots of sandberg bass's at reasonable price and will post to the uk

Have look,

N

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Russell' post='675751' date='Dec 6 2009, 03:12 PM']Can't go wring with Sandbergs in my opinion - here's one of mine.....

[attachment=37792:IMG_1213.JPG]

[attachment=37793:IMG_1214.JPG]

[attachment=37794:IMG_1216.JPG][/quote]

I don't believe it! Another MM owner..and I thought I was the only one in the flippin' country who thought they sounded (and looked) superb. Mine's bubinga faced.

Steve

Edited by StevieC