Why become a member? ×

The bass model design that You hate with passion.

BC Rich, Gibson SG, Warwick Buzzard, Warwick Dolphin, T Bird, but what the fxxk do I know. It doesnt really matter though does it. Marcus Miller could make the same music on any of these basses and it would still sound epic. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

It's a strange world where one can get passionate about such things. :(

How's the report you're authoring for your powers-that-be back on your home planet coming along? I fear that we're failing the test... ;)

• Confused 1

Winking smiley at the end! Want context? OK, because Dad was commenting on a "strange world" I got a vision in my imagination of an alien with a clipboard, tutting at our petty squabbles and making notes.

It's my brain and I reserve the right to let it go to weird places sometimes...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Hate? Not really. Hate with a passion? Not at all, it’s a design and, therefore, somewhat like art, it appeals or it doesn’t and it’s hard to hate an inanimate object. Designs that make me raise an eyebrow, however, there are plenty of those. One of those questionable designs is the Mustang, yet I own one and I love the sound it makes and the way it feels isn’t too shabby either. Whilst looks are important (you’ve got to want to pick it up), they are tertiary to sound and feel.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ezbass said:

Hate? Not really. Hate with a passion? Not at all, it’s a design and, therefore, somewhat like art, it appeals or it doesn’t and it’s hard to hate an inanimate object. Designs that make me raise an eyebrow, however, there are plenty of those. One of those questionable designs is the Mustang, yet I own one and I love the sound it makes and the way it feels isn’t too shabby either. Whilst looks are important (you’ve got to want to pick it up), they are tertiary to sound and feel.

You can feel and get the best sound of it, but that is not the question. It is about the visual  - do You ''very'' do not like it. That's it.

Any Rickenbacker. It's like having a bad dream about waking up in a parallel earth where everything is slightly different to how you'd expect it to be, and going to your local guitar shop to find the P bass was never invented and you could only buy Rickenbackers, then waking up in a cold sweat and running to check on your collection of normal basses to make sure you're awake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3