Why become a member? ×

Calling all P Bass officianados.......

Chewie

Guys and gals...........

Can someone put me out of my misery?

Has anyone ever seen an original P with stock black block inlays on a maple neck?

One of you cats must have one.........?

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-classic-vibe-70s-precision-bass-maple-black/928813?gclsrc=aw.ds&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAy9msBhD0ARIsANbk0A_8yBuVqywlxZJ2l_oHpmf3cEzc9zg8pPINzE9BSRZ008rDqmKbeU0aApuREALw_wcB

About 15 years ago, Fender did a "classic 70s reissue" which was Olympic white body (or sunburst), black scratchplate with black blocks, binding and a maple neck. They started off as Japanese models then production got switched to Mexico.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Wolverinebass said:

About 15 years ago, Fender did a "classic 70s reissue" which was Olympic white body (or sunburst), black scratchplate with black blocks, binding and a maple neck. They started off as Japanese models then production got switched to Mexico.

Yep, I have one in sunburst with maple fingerboard and black blocks. Stunning instrument.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

32 minutes ago, cetera said:

Yep, I have one in sunburst with maple fingerboard and black blocks. Stunning instrument.....

I had one of the white ones and agree, really good instruments.

• Like 2

I had a white one as my main bass for ages - only moved it on fairly recently when I decided to go fully 5-string again. Went with a BAII bridge and the catchily named Delano PMVC 4 FE/M2 pickup in mine. Fine as it was, don’t get me wrong, I just preferred the look.

IMG_8569.thumb.jpeg.e64fff403633e1e71ebba486489c8633.jpeg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

I had a white one as my main bass for ages - only moved it on fairly recently when I decided to go fully 5-string again. Went with a BAII bridge and the catchily named Delano PMVC 4 FE/M2 pickup in mine. Fine as it was, don’t get me wrong, I just preferred the look.

IMG_8569.thumb.jpeg.e64fff403633e1e71ebba486489c8633.jpeg

Damn, that's lovely!
Can you PM me with details of who you sold to? Cheers!

18 minutes ago, cetera said:

Damn, that's lovely!
Can you PM me with details of who you sold to? Cheers!

Afraid I just returned it to stock config and chipped it in at Bass Direct about a year and a half ago, so I have no idea where it ended up after that. Sorry! It was a very nice bass, though - hopefully somebody is enjoying it.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...