Why become a member? ×

Christmas is coming - what is your favourite cheap bit of kit?

adriansmith247

Hi 

Just a bit of fun.

Here is my one

This little amp stand is so useful. Best £35 I ever spent. Fits in my bag and angles my amp up a lot so I can hear it better. Perfect for those tight little performance spaces

https://www.thomann.de/gb/ultimate_amp150.htm

What useful stuff do you have that has not cost you a fortune? 

• Like 1

A sturdy plastic transparent crate.

I never turn up to a gig without two of everything. I can see everything is in there (and replace if not). It looks professional and is easy to store and I can put my wallet, keys, and phone it it.

Edited by Burns-bass
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, adriansmith247 said:

I need a good set of earplugs. Any particular ones recommended? 

I use the Ear Peace ones that come in a little red metal tube. They are soft and have changeable inserts for different levels of protection.  They’re great. 

https://www.earpeace.co.uk/products/earplugs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, adriansmith247 said:

Anyone got a recommendation for a sturdy rucksack to fit amp head and cables, stands etc? 

Sue Ryder, Unicef, Cats Protection etc.  I always hit the charity shops when looking for something like this.  I recently got a Samsonite holdall for leads etc for £5.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

I have exactly this and it’s good - the rectangular part works for acoustic guitar tuners as well as bass 

the weird horseshoe part is an acoustic bridge pin puller 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul S said:

Sue Ryder, Unicef, Cats Protection etc.  I always hit the charity shops when looking for something like this.  I recently got a Samsonite holdall for leads etc for £5.

Yup. My pedal board is a spare piece of wood meant to be a shelf, which fits perfectly into a luxurious laptop padded bag which cost a fiver from the local Air Ambulance charity shop. 

• Like 2

A decent custom made guitar lead, van Damme cable with gold-plated angled Neutrik jacks at both ends. Stops punters treading on/breaking them when plugged in my multi-fx pedal and keeps it tidy at the bass end.

I don't know why you can't seem to buy double angled jack leads off the shelf 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cliff Edge said:

KZ ZS10 Pro IEM’s. Bang for buck difficult to beat. 

Totally.  I fiddled with mine - I had a pair of ACS custom molds that I wasn't using, removed the attenuators and stuck these IEMs to them with clear mastic.  Wow.  

• Like 1