Why become a member? ×

New stage clothes

police squad

Our guitarist goes for the full Mark Knopfler look including headband - I favour black boots, jeans and one of my many logo-ed up black T shirts from Red Molotov - amazing range from this supplier! I fantasise that dressing in black makes me look slimmer...

MM_Sax_Castle_Cary.png

I have a few western shirts from my time playing the country and western club circuit. I generally wear one when I am depping with Dire Streets (ahem).

I quite like to rock a black suit, black shirt and turquoise bolo but only if there is somewhere to change after loading in. I also own what I consider to be the best shirt in the world - floral pattern with little sparkly bits and tassles! I like to combine that with silver shoes and black chinos on Bowie tribute gigs.

I often see what I think would make great stage wear, only to find it’s not available in my size because it’s intended for women.

29 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

I often see what I think would make great stage wear, only to find it’s not available in my size because it’s intended for women. I'm a fat b@stard

I've changed this to suit my circumstances. :D I often think python skin kecks would look cool, but not if my legs resemble a pair of pythons that had just swallowed a pair of hippos. 

I may be mixing my continents here but the principle remains. Edit, no, there are African pythons.

Edited by Paul S

22 minutes ago, Paul S said:

I've changed this to suit my circumstances. :D I often think python skin kecks would look cool, but not if my legs resemble a pair of pythons that had just swallowed a pair of hippos. 

I may be mixing my continents here but the principle remains. Edit, no, there are African pythons.

Yes there is also the issue of keeping svelte enough for clothes to look good!

1 hour ago, police squad said:

nice boots, where did you get them

There is a certain style that ASOS sell and they are always reduced so I bought a bunch and then customise them. I'm learning more each time I do another one. It is a labour of love though! Trying to decide what the next ones will be.

• Like 1

With my old band we were encouraged to 'dress smart'.  It's odd when you actually receive a PowerPoint presentation about band image before you've even played a note with them.  While - as my wife says - I might scrub up well, I do not have model proportions; I'm 6'4" and suffer my mother's English Rose thighs and arrse...no amount of grooming is going to turn me into George Clooney.  I bought a nicely tailored black jacket before the first gig and was sweating so much in it while we played that it became restrictive and I could barely move move my arms, so that didn't get worn again.

I'm way happier gigging in black trousers (I hate blue jeans, but am OK with black jeans), hi-tops and a t-shirt/Cubavera.

FB_IMG_1687519211423.thumb.jpg.682e97be165d4103b2203705f1ac0e8d.jpg

Edited by NancyJohnson

44 minutes ago, JapanAxe said:

Yes there is also the issue of keeping svelte enough for clothes to look good!

That old battle was lost years ago. :D  I try to keep my weight under control these days to squeeze a few more years out of my knees.

On 11/11/2023 at 04:59, cetera said:

Nice work!

I'd like to find a nice shirt with large stars all over it but googling 'stars shirt' is a hiding to nothing...

They make these things called scissors. You apply them to the kind of fabric you would like your stars to be, in the size and shape you would like them to be, with a little extra around each edge that you fold under. That folded edge is the edge of your star. Then you apply this oldfangled technology called "needle and thread" to your stars just back from that edge and hey presto you have a shirt with stars on it.

1 hour ago, Downunderwonder said:

They make these things called scissors. You apply them to the kind of fabric you would like your stars to be, in the size and shape you would like them to be, with a little extra around each edge that you fold under. That folded edge is the edge of your star. Then you apply this oldfangled technology called "needle and thread" to your stars just back from that edge and hey presto you have a shirt with stars on it.

Sounds horrifically complex to me ;)

S'manth x

This season I will mostly be wearing....

FB_IMG_1699776932100.jpg.02c26d033088d47fce393b1b42da0164.jpg

As front man for The Dooks (Buzzard County's finest country rock band) I wear a Mack Trucks cap that was carefully reliced to replicate the hat worn by conspiracy theory nut Dale Gribble from the cartoon series King of the Hill. A matching Strickland Propane t shirt and double denim completes the ensemble.

I also play in a glam rock band called SOCK...

FB_IMG_1699777110494.thumb.jpg.8dfa4e80b6aa294f3fe8d916e2e1b4cc.jpg

I a have a collection of things , mostly tiger print. The current theme is a nod towards Hawkwind's Bob Calvert and features jodhpurs and flying goggles. If you think I look daft you should see the rest of them...FB_IMG_1699777836863.jpg.d6951685d3ce5b12db21bb9407a18e41.jpg

Edited by Dom in Dorset
The dog ate my homework.
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Marky L said:

The problem with Temu is, their products are nearly all utter stinky poo and really cheaply made. 

9 hours ago, cetera said:

Five wasted seconds 🙄

Cheap, poorly printed Chinese sh*t*

In all fairness, guys, neither of you stipulated QUALITY!

😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

Here you go ... 100% cotton but NOT colourfast, truly Godawful design, dodgy-looking website but they take PayPal.

All you need now is a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute act.

http://country-cowboy.com/en/cowboys/192-chemise-h-rebel.html

Does it have a swastika on the back? Might as well cover all bases!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

@Dom in Dorset Nice mix of Bob 'n Nik... clocked the 'Nik Turner' vibe before reading... BIG Fan...

Both are huge influences on my music making, particularly Bob. I do a passable impersonation of Bob's vocals if any Hawkwind tribute bands are looking for a Captain Lockheed...

As for Nik , I may have to look for a tiger skin morph suit and get a more extreme haircut.

download.jpeg.d56a9205afbf7928f951c964511f9263.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Interesting name.  :D  I am curious about the derivation, although I have an idea or three.

We formed in a small east midlands town in 1990, at the time local bands all had names that were as uncool as possible. Our contemporaries included : Rupert the Fridge, the Amazing Screaming Willies and PWPIP ( pop will p1ss it's pants ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dom in Dorset said:

We formed in a small east midlands town in 1990, at the time local bands all had names that were as uncool as possible. Our contemporaries included : Rupert the Fridge, the Amazing Screaming Willies and PWPIP ( pop will p1ss it's pants ).

I was way off the mark then :D