Why become a member? ×

Retrovibe Renegade, kind of. £300 - *SOLD*
£300
Benfleet, Essex

Paul S

Increasing decrepitude means I am selling off all my long scale basses and my shift to short scale is almost done. 

Bit of background on this one.  I had a quality MIJ Faker for a while that I absolutely loved but, at well over 10lbs, it was never going to stay so I sold it.  But, having dipped my toe in the Ric water I found I still had a hankering for a clank :)  Davie @kodiakblair came to my rescue with a Retrovibe starter kit - at the time sporting a ssingle MM pickup but with loads of bits thrown in.  So I set about getting this made up for me. 

So here it is - a Retrovibe Renegade bass sporting a Guyker RKH-IV N pickup and a Retrovibe toaster, bezel and blanking thingemy.  New scratchplate with VVTT Ric style knobs - with so many it is easy to get confused so they handily have their purpose written on top.  3 way selector switch.  Through-stringing on the bridge which, although not really like a Ric's, is a sensible design.  Set neck, 34* scale.  43mm wide at the nut but fairly shallow, 19mm string spacing at the bridge.  This is very comfy to wear and play.  In exceedingly good condition with just one ding on the back of the underside, shown in a picture.  Currently strung with TI Flats.

Does it look like a Ric?  Yes, a passable imitation.  Does it sound like a Ric?  Yes, a passable imitation. 

But this is where this bass and Rics part company - this weighs 3.4kg/7.5lbs. 

And, at £300, it is at least £1200 cheaper than a used Ric.  Price is firm and, I believe represents exceptional value.

Collection only from SS7, Benfleet in Essex.  Or meet half way or maybe I might deliver it for fuel costs, depending.  I don't want to courier so please don't ask.  Not after any trades, either.

IMG_20231108_131911.jpg

IMG_20231108_131933.jpg

IMG_20231108_131957.jpg

IMG_20231108_131918.jpg

IMG_20231108_132045.jpg

Edited by Paul S
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Looks great Paul.
I’m lucky you’re 166 miles, or 3hrs 18min away…..apparently…if anyone was checking, which I wasn’t of course btw.

🤪

Pah, a mere bagatelle, I'm 262 and 4 hours 31. I wasn't checking either.

• Haha 2

• Paul S changed the title to Retrovibe Renegade, kind of. £300 SOLD