Why become a member? ×

SQOE basses?

Brian18242

Cool, but odd at the same time - seem to be based out of Philippines/Malaysia with very little online presence. Probably our of a factory that makes basses for many other brands and have decided to take those designs for themselves. 

The mustang does look cool as a base for changing bits, don't like the Stingray style bridge on it.

14 hours ago, spacecowboy said:

IMG_4424.thumb.png.23e069e57dd13a47873d38209e362f4d.png

from the headstock…

Sqoe Guitar Design Studio Spain

est 1883!?!?

I gather they're designed in Spain, which may mean they're some sort of offshoot of an established guitar maker. Washburn and Gretsch were founded in 1883 but this may just be a coincidence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Nice design and obviously very competitively priced! Seem to be currently only doing 4 strings in the headless range?

Yes, I wonder if they'll do a 5er. 

I was searching for Sqoe headlesses and happened across a webpage about headlesses which was obviously written by an imbecile. If you want a laugh (Fender being a leading manufacturer of headless basses, headless basses having short string length, headless basses mostly being cricket bats, and many other examples of complete ignorance) have a look at https://www.bassox.com/headless-bass-guitars/

7 hours ago, asingardenof said:

I gather they're designed in Spain, which may mean they're some sort of offshoot of an established guitar maker. Washburn and Gretsch were founded in 1883 but this may just be a coincidence.

That’s interesting! Would make sense to have such a system specific date! 

• 3 months later...

Bump to this topic, I'm more or less in search of a good option for an headless, but something more in line with the current modern designs such as Ibanez etc rather than the 80s Steinberger inspiration.

For example, a big plus is to have a Bolt On neck, because I may look into modifying into a removable neck (with inserts and so on) and of course the neck throught design of Steinbergers and Hohners and such are not an option.

I came accross this topic and the SQOE design and I stopped dead on my tracks, I looks stunning and perfectly suited as a cheap option to go into DIY mode without much risks.

Did anyone order one of those ?