Why become a member? ×

Fender limited edition Mike Kerr Jaguar...Tiger's Blood Orange!

jd56hawk

• jd56hawk changed the title to Fender limited edition Miie Kerr Jaguar...Tiger's Blood Orange!

Looks amazing, though the one on the site linked to appears to be more orange and less red than the picture posted in OP, and also to have gold hardware.

Hard pass for me though, way too poor upper frets access, and way too expensive.

Also on the one pictured in the OP it appears that the strings are slightly shifted, and that the low E string almost falls outside the fretboard at the last couple of frets, which though I suppose doesn't really matter since you can't reach them anyway, not great at this kind of price! 9_9

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

Now that IS a candidate for a Squier version. It appeals to me much more than the latest Rascal short scale. Just seems a more balanced short scale with humbuckers. 

I personally vastly prefer the Rascal.

Wouldn't mind a Rascal in this finish and with gold hardware as well (as shows in the pictures linked to in the OP, unlike the picture posted), but then again the metallic kind of green finished one looks pretty amazing as well.

31 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Is the description of the colour saying that tigers have orange blood, or is it that tigers like blood oranges?

What it means is that Fender run out of ideas for names that makes sense to finishes, so now they are just combining random words.

That or Mike Kerr came up with it, cause he is a smug bloated smartass wombler, and he thought it sounded beaching badass cool.

Also if you look at the less enhanced/manipulated picture in the link it really is more of a, "tiger" like, I suppose, regular orange, and they just added the "blood" part to the name, cause "Royal Blood".

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Is the description of the colour saying that tigers have orange blood, or is it that tigers like blood oranges?

Should be Tiger-Blood Orange.

Other than that, maybe it should've been Jaguar-Blood Orange.

(Not sure what a tiger has to do with it unless that's his nickname.)

201377-fender-limited-edition-mike-ke-fender-3.webp

m38bo1sg4pwqayhi8hmn.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Also on the one pictured in the OP it appears that the strings are slightly shifted, and that the low E string almost falls outside the fretboard at the last couple of frets, which though I suppose doesn't really matter since you can't reach them anyway, not great at this kind of price! 9_9

Much like the problems Fender had with the Gold-Foil Jazz bass.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ped said:

The posted image does have gold hardware too, but it's not that clear due to the reflections. TBH I'd rather get a Squier SS Jag and some cool pickups and design my own.

Agreed but I would prefer a 30ins as opposed to the 32ins of the current Squier SS Jag.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 15:43, JohnDaBass said:

Agreed but I would prefer a 30ins as opposed to the 32ins of the current Squier SS Jag.

Depends how they do it, I can’t say I’m a fan of shuffling the bridge 2” further up the body. 

I wonder if that’s an actual remake of an original Telecaster wide range humbucker or the later one that’s more muddy, like you get on the re issue Tele’s they’ve released over the years. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Depends how they do it, I can’t say I’m a fan of shuffling the bridge 2” further up the body. 

I wonder if that’s an actual remake of an original Telecaster wide range humbucker or the later one that’s more muddy, like you get on the re issue Tele’s they’ve released over the years. 

Likely the ones they use for the new Paranormal Rascal, which doesn't sound muddy at all, but actually pretty nicely well defined and articulate.

15 minutes ago, Dazed said:

That could be as much about pickup

placement than the actual pickup. 

The Paranormal Pascal got a neck and bridge pickup, I would think the neck pickup would have been more boomy, which doesn't seem to be the case, than this middle position one, if it indeed is the same pickup.

So no, not really, not in this context.

Though pickup placement does have a rather big impact on tone in general.

On 09/08/2023 at 07:17, Baloney Balderdash said:

Looks amazing, though the one on the site linked to appears to be more orange and less red than the picture posted in OP, and also to have gold hardware.

Hard pass for me though, way too poor upper frets access, and way too expensive.

It is supposed to retail at around 1500 quid, according to a very reliable source. That's the agreement anyway. 

5 hours ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

The Paranormal Pascal got a neck and bridge pickup, I would think the neck pickup would have been more boomy, which doesn't seem to be the case, than this middle position one, if it indeed is the same pickup.

So no, not really, not in this context.

Though pickup placement does have a rather big impact on tone in general.

So if it’s in a similar location and isn’t as boomy as the original tele pickup it has to be a different pickup. It can only be the pickup or location changing the sonic output.