Why become a member? ×

What would You call "Your doping" for bass playing?

nilorius

4 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

At the time you probably Think  it's brilliant for improvising 😁

We were always more of the "Billy" persuasion shall we say... 

Snorkie would say - not the Scottish way....anyway !

1 hour ago, Waddo Soqable said:

At the time you probably Think  it's brilliant for improvising 😁

We were always more of the "Billy" persuasion shall we say... 

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Only brilliant for improvising if you wanted a 4 hour 12 bar blues track!

Have you actually tried it and done a proper effort to use it for serious jamming/improvising?

Cause sounds very much like the effect of alcohol and not hashish your are describing there to me.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

1 hour ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Have you actually tried it and done a proper effort to use it for serious jamming/improvising?

Cause sounds very much like the effect of alcohol and not hashish your are describing there to me.

Yep, tried it, sounds great at the time, not so great afterwards.

i don't know about alcohol, never did that. 

I don't really drink - by which I mean, I might have a shot of something sweet at Yule but that's it - and I never touch what might be called "substances" in certain circles. I don't even need caffeine, in fact, caffeine's a bad call for me, not least because my adrenaline's likely to be through the roof before going on stage.

4 minutes ago, Waddo Soqable said:

Mmm, garibaldi's, or squashed fly biscuits as my mum called them, I'd forgotten all about those.. I must look for a packet tomorrow 

Yeah.....garibaldi's, sounds wonderfull, like custom shop cookies. Must be very expensive and rare !

Oddly enough I always have snacks ready to consume during breaks and in between sets at a gig. Last weekend it was raisin & biscuit flavour Yorkie. Yum. As far as drinks go, it has to be non alcohoholic and non fizzy. Staying hydrated is my doping for bass playing nowadays. Bars don't seem to offer free drinks as much as they once did anyway and i'm always driving too. Was just thinking it's also been a very long time since I was in a band that had a rider provided so the temptation to drink beer in a dressing room before a gig hasn't presented itself. That's probably a good thing. 

• Haha 1