Why become a member? ×

Anyone fancy taking on a build project for me?

cetera

I have a neck that I'd like someone to build a bound 'Ricky' body for. I can then supply pickups/hardware etc and it can all be assembled...

May be a fun project for someone who knows what they're doing? PM me, if interested.... :)

• Like 1

BASSES: Spector, Wal, Dingwall, Fender, Hamer, Jackson, Kramer, ESP, Tokai, Fernandes, Peavey, Yamaha, Aria, Guild, MusicMan, Staccato, Pedulla, G&L, Italia, Hartke, Epiphone, Hohner, Cort, Hagstrom, Feline, Harley Benton
AMPS: Gallien Krueger 400RB, 800RB & Legacy800  CAB: Genz Benz Nx2-212T  OUTBOARD: Boss, Line 6, TC Elec, Future Impact, Tech21, BBE, MXR, Zoom, Empress, Korg, Keeley & Sennheiser/KZ IEM & BackBeat
LOVES: Doobie Bros, Steely Dan, Lake, Chicago, Styx, Kayak, Ambrosia, Alan Parsons, KISS, Journey, REO, Trillion, Toy Matinee, Kate Bush, Damn Yankees, Winger, House Of Lords, Bighorn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pomp & Classic Rock

There may be your problem . No disrespect intended .

• Confused 4

20 hours ago, JohnH89 said:

BASSES: Spector, Wal, Dingwall, Fender, Hamer, Jackson, Kramer, ESP, Tokai, Fernandes, Peavey, Yamaha, Aria, Guild, MusicMan, Staccato, Pedulla, G&L, Italia, Hartke, Epiphone, Hohner, Cort, Hagstrom, Feline, Harley Benton
AMPS: Gallien Krueger 400RB, 800RB & Legacy800  CAB: Genz Benz Nx2-212T  OUTBOARD: Boss, Line 6, TC Elec, Future Impact, Tech21, BBE, MXR, Zoom, Empress, Korg, Keeley & Sennheiser/KZ IEM & BackBeat
LOVES: Doobie Bros, Steely Dan, Lake, Chicago, Styx, Kayak, Ambrosia, Alan Parsons, KISS, Journey, REO, Trillion, Toy Matinee, Kate Bush, Damn Yankees, Winger, House Of Lords, Bighorn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pomp & Classic Rock

Only if the expectation was for someone to build it for free... I assume that isn't the case.

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 01:29, JohnH89 said:

image.png.f11ad91f83f2e77e114f5c2799c2240a.png

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Haha 1

Thanks chaps. Seems somebody with very little previous engagement on this site feels the need to make unqualified comment on my personal need for, or reasons for wanting, another instrument.

I can assure him that all my instruments are hard earned, bought and paid for. I am also willing to pay for materials and someone's time/experience. I just thought that it may be a fun project that someone here has the access to material and necessary skills for.... and would like to join me in.

Maybe @JohnH89 might like to get to know the good people on this forum and contribute a little more, positively and in general, before making judgements and commenting here? "No disrespect intended...."

• Like 12

Coming from the out there left field, I'd considered making a body of rick shape by cutting out lamination layers, each layer with the appropriate detail cut thru it first, ie neck pocket shape and routs, and then gluing the lot together to make a "ply".. this meaning you can construct it without a router or anything fancy tooling wise. Hopefully you see what I mean. 

Accepted you may not in fact want to do any woodworky stuff yourself, but just a thought. 

• Like 1

On 01/07/2023 at 00:29, JohnH89 said:

What has this got to do with anything?  What problem is having some decent kit?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...