Why become a member? ×

Cici Powell visits Ashdown

asingardenof

2 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

She does the Andertons “Sound Like” videos (amongst other musical stuff I suppose). 

And what used to be called their "all about the bass" series. It looks like Nathan King isn't doing so much of that as it mostly seems to be Lee and Cici these days.

• Like 1

Ashdown seem to be getting quite a lot of the YouTube type bods to do content for them. Daisy Pepper seems like another who seems to live at Ashdown HQ. Maybe they keep them all in a freezer and wheel them out of cryostasis when they need a new pedal or amp demo filmed.

I guess it's a smart marketing move to get folk in who the kids know. After all, most of their original endorsees are either dead or well into their 60's.

• Like 4

On 26/06/2023 at 20:58, Wolverinebass said:

Ashdown seem to be getting quite a lot of the YouTube type bods to do content for them. Daisy Pepper seems like another who seems to live at Ashdown HQ.

Yep, it's all about the swishy haired Instagram girls these days. Engages the old men.... in the hope they'll buy the product. Marketing 101.... 

*NB: this is not a personal comment aimed at Cici. It is a 'general' comment on the clearly visible marketing approach of many companies at the moment.

Edited by cetera
Clarification
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cici here!

Well, sadly I can’t help being a girl, and I have long hair because I like it. It has nothing to do with my playing, and I’ve never rested on my looks to gain followers, nor am I interested in anyone who does. 

I take great pride in being the best musician I possibly can be, and it’s about the music for me.

I also dedicate a lot of my time to trying my best to help other people pick up the instrument, sharing any info I have, and seeing where I can push the instrument in my solo bass jams.

I’m not interested in being an ‘instagram girl’ so please don’t diminish me to that, and take the time to truly look at what I do (whether you like it or not is fine). Thank you. :)

Edited by CiciBass
  • Like 40
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

Well, sadly I can’t help being a girl, and I have long hair because I like it. It has nothing to do with my playing, and I’ve never rested on my looks to gain followers, nor am I interested in anyone who does. 

I take great pride in being the best musician I possibly can be, and it’s about the music for me.

I also dedicate a lot of my time to trying my best to help other people pick up the instrument, sharing any info I have, and seeing where I can push the instrument in my solo bass jams.

I’m not interested in being an ‘instagram girl’ so please don’t diminish me to that, and take the time to truly look at what I do (whether you like it or not is fine). Thank you. :)

I’ve watched your Andertons Sound Like vids Cici and it’s clear that you’re def very much a musician. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

Keep up the good work, your videos are always very positive. I really enjoy them. 👍

Edited by 2elliot
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

Huge respect and support from me. I really love your playing. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

Welcome to the forum @CiciBass 😃

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

Well said that woman. You’re doing exactly what I’m teaching my two girls 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CiciBass said:

Cici here!

:crigon_04:

I've watched a few of your videos on YouTube, always worth a watch, I love your enthusiasm.

• Like 1