Why become a member? ×

Joyo - now doing Darkglass inspired stuff...

fretmeister

There's also Demonfx who do a B7K and an Alpha Omicron clone.

This looks like a better option though tbh, looks better made, or at least more stylish.

I personally love the darkglass sound, all three of their main flavours of drive in fact, and the B3K circuit in my amp is my main "clean" sound, but the amp is a hold over from when I was financially solvent and I can no longer afford darkglass prices, so I'm extremely glad there are people making cheap knock-offs for when I inevitably need to replace stuff.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vin Venal said:

There's also Demonfx who do a B7K and an Alpha Omicron clone.

This looks like a better option though tbh, looks better made, or at least more stylish.

I personally love the darkglass sound, all three of their main flavours of drive in fact, and the B3K circuit in my amp is my main "clean" sound, but the amp is a hold over from when I was financially solvent and I can no longer afford darkglass prices, so I'm extremely glad there are people making cheap knock-offs for when I inevitably need to replace stuff.

At least with Joyo if something goes wrong you have some recourse from them or the retailer. I've always loved the sound of the Alpha Omicron but would never use it enough to justify the cost I don't think, if they did do a clone I'd be super tempted!

1 hour ago, thisisswanbon said:

It's the cab sim in particular that's got me thinking there could be a digital element.  Great looking pedal though!

Oh yeah, good point, the darkglass cab sim can't be analog cuz you can download IRs onto it, so I guess there must be some digital processing for that bit at least.

• 2 months later...

I saw the Monomyth is on Amazon now, and it offered me 15% off, so I've got one arriving on Saturday. Then I noticed the Scylla compressor was also offering a 15% discount so I threw that in the basket too. Two decent looking pedals for £104.78, can't to wrong with that. Except these are the first two pedals going on my first board and it could be a slippery slope 🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RussFM said:

I saw the Monomyth is on Amazon now, and it offered me 15% off, so I've got one arriving on Saturday. Then I noticed the Scylla compressor was also offering a 15% discount so I threw that in the basket too. Two decent looking pedals for £104.78, can't to wrong with that. Except these are the first two pedals going on my first board and it could be a slippery slope 🤣

Just surrender now. No point in fighting it.

Although heroin would probably have been a cheaper habit.

The Monomyth and Scylla arrived quickly and I've had a good play with them. Very happy with the Scylla - when I've played with software compressors before I've struggled to tell what effect parameter changes are making, with this I can hear the difference. Maybe I should have tried compressor pedal earlier!

The Monomyth is great, lots of EQ control and a nice usable driven sound to cut through the mix. Turn everything up and it's exactly what I hear in all those Darkglass demos!

The only problem I have is noise from my daisy chained power supply. I've tried a Lil Moxie 5v to 9v converter today though my laptop and it's completely gone, so a new power bank is on order to go under my board (also on order!). So yes, I've surrendered to the habit 😆

20230906_160302.jpg

• Like 2