Why become a member? ×

15 minutes ago, Maude said:

I was right then! 😄

I remember the wind picking up when the Foos were on and their sound blowing about the place. And Nate Mendel playing one of those funny old Ampeg basses.

I'm not a fan of festivals in general and I wouldn't go to Glastonbury even if it was free and had all-access passes.

My wife has been dipping in (and mainly out) since early afternoon.  She asked who Generation Sex were.  I didn't actually know they were playing.  Bejeebus.  Words fail me.

There's a Guns 'n Roses tribute band on at the moment.  The bloke playing Axl looks like an overweight accountant.  The Slash bloke looks nothing like Slash bloke I remember.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Gasman said:

Just watched Lewis Capaldi on the Beeb. I must be missing the point, seems like a big bloke with no vest on shouting dreary lyrics over three chords then letting the audience sing them for him. But they loved him, so my opinion is worth zilch!

Yes, i think you're missing something here. He's loosing his voice, taking a 'stress' break and could barely sing the last number. 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2023/jun/24/lewis-capaldi-at-glastonbury-review

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

He's really good. Seems like part of the band already. 

Anyone who's going to drum for Dave Grohl has to be really good.

I thought Daves daughter gave a pretty solid performance as well. 

I thought she was going to 5hit herself , twitching with the ‘in ears’ on the harmonies, but found her feet at the end when on her own , then they couldn’t stop her 😂

but what a craic to play to that crowd duetting with your daughter , dream stuff 

For 59 (same age as me), Duff looks in great shape and is playing well. Slash, while sporting a few more chins than when I last saw him (people in glasshouses ...!), is on form too. Shame about Axl Rose, his voice is totally shot

• Like 2

Just now, Clarky said:

For 59 (same age as me), Duff looks in great shape and is playing well. Slash, while sporting a few more chins than when I last saw him (people in glasshouses ...!), is on form too. Shame about Axl Rose, his voice is totally shot

Damn is that Duff, thought it was you Clarky 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Islander said:

I was rather impressed with Rick Astley and the Blossoms covering the Smiths numbers.  Now there's a sentence I never thought would be said...

It was better than I’d have expected had Ai known he was going to do it, but had I known he was going to do it I wouldn’t have watched it 🤔

10 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Axl keeps missing the first half of each line (lyrics, not the others). Just like the old days.

• Haha 1