Why become a member? ×

Just catching up with Chvrches, watched them evolve over the years from 2 synths and a drum machine to live drums, guitar and bass. Really polished sound right now, must be a relief to play at Glasto rather than support Coldplay every night instead.

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

Not sure who I just watched, some pop group. The guitarist wasn't quite up to the job, he played the worst guitar solo I've heard in a long time. The whole solo sounded flat, possibly in the wrong key.

Yeah Guns'n'Roses aren't what they used to be

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ern500evo said:

Did anyone catch Skindred set on Thursday night on the Truth stage? Haven’t been able to watch it yet. Skindred are one of the best live bands I’ve seen. Benji Webbe is a great frontman 

I've seen them a couple times. They're really good live. Benji can really get a crowd going. 

• Like 1

Watching The Lightning Seeds on catch up. Now theres a nice trip down memory lane. Dont know how many original members they have left. Otherwise quite enjoyable if only the girl on keys mike was a bit louder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hobbayne said:

Watching The Lightning Seeds on catch up. Now theres a nice trip down memory lane. Dont know how many original members they have left. Otherwise quite enjoyable if only the girl on keys mike was a bit louder.

Maybe they keep her quiet for a reason 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

Did anyone catch Skindred set on Thursday night on the Truth stage? Haven’t been able to watch it yet. Skindred are one of the best live bands I’ve seen. Benji Webbe is a great frontman 

Skindred are awesome! I love them 😎

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

New Foof drummer is pretty good. 

He's really good. Seems like part of the band already. 

Anyone who's going to drum for Dave Grohl has to be really good.

I thought Daves daughter gave a pretty solid performance as well. 

• Like 2

On 23/06/2023 at 19:38, Maude said:

Weirdly I first saw them at Ozzfest '98. Korn had pulled out and Foos has replaced them. Dave Grohl has said he was absolutely terrified as they're not a metal band, and they were following Pantera. They pulled it off though. 

I was reminiscing about this the other day with a friend. He thought Therapy replaced Korn and the Foos were always on the lineup. 

The mists of time eh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angel said:

Just been to see my dad, he's 95 now. He had zero interest in music until he met my mum around 70 years ago. Mum liked classical music, so dad kind of got into that over the years. He generally thought that stuff that me my bro and sister listened to was a terrible racket! Anyway, why am I saying this ... I got over there and and he said "I watched Glastonbury all evening, the Foo fighters were very good, the new drummer did well" 

I almost fell off my chair!

Wonderful 😁

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

He's really good. Seems like part of the band already. 

Anyone who's going to drum for Dave Grohl has to be really good.

I thought Daves daughter gave a pretty solid performance as well. 

Bit of a grumpy teenager, nicotine stained teeth and chewing gum like her old man though. 

Just watched Lewis Capaldi on the Beeb. I must be missing the point, seems like a big bloke with no vest on shouting dreary lyrics over three chords then letting the audience sing them for him. But they loved him, so my opinion is worth zilch!

41 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

I was reminiscing about this the other day with a friend. He thought Therapy replaced Korn and the Foos were always on the lineup. 

The mists of time eh.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/foo-fighters-terrified-replacing-korn-ozzfest-1998.html/ 

It's hard to imagine DG terrified of any audience.