Why become a member? ×

Some how I feel a bit nervous about a sale

J66Bass

Hello I’m not sure if my buyer is legitimate, he asked me to

put some deposit on my PayPal and should pick up the bass on Friday , my question is simply if we do friend only and I received the money deposit tonight, can he cancel the payment ? Thanks I’m not sure what to do , I somehow have a bad feeling about it it’s a buyer from Fb thanks 

Ok thanks Thanks all the answers, I have checked everything and he now seems legitimate, thanks for all the answers. I somehow felt a tad nervous, probably because I haven’t sold a Bass on Fb for a while , thanks all the support I needed it , probably my age too , thanks again JM

• Like 1

If he pays a deposit using F&F  there's no risk at all..

You could just laugh, walk away, and keep it, there's no come back or possible refund option he can persue (not that you would of course but just saying) 

I'd say OK, F&F deposit which is non returnable if you pull out of the sale and balance in cash on collection. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, J66Bass said:

Hello I’m not sure if my buyer is legitimate, he asked me to

put some deposit on my PayPal and should pick up the bass on Friday , my question is simply if we do friend only and I received the money deposit tonight, can he cancel the payment ? Thanks I’m not sure what to do , I somehow have a bad feeling about it it’s a buyer from Fb thanks 

if you have a bad feeling don’t go ahead, that’s what feelings are for 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the stories is so far 10 days ago put a insured 30 pounds PayPal deposit, then finally after 10 days and promised the rest of money will be by last weekend made an E chèque paypal account it take up to 7 days to clear 🤣patience s my limit, hopefully I  should get the money, never happens to me before, à sale is always been straight forward, , I shall be patient… 😊

9 minutes ago, Dazm66 said:

As long as you still have the bass then all is good and worst case you have £30 for your trouble. 

Yes thanks I still got the bass and waiting for the money been cleared thanks for the support 

8 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

The sender can cancel a pending eCheque, which they can do by contacting their bank.

If an eCheque has cleared, it can't be cancelled. But the sender can request a refund.

Don't release the bass until the funds have definitely cleared.

Bonjour Jean Luc Je pense que tu es français , incroyable cette affaire, never happens to me before, I shall wait, thanks again 

Mmm, e-cheque, nothing but trouble in my experience. if anyone paid me that way these days the deal would be off, in fact I didn't know they still existed to be honest. As others have said, do not let go of the bass and even if it clears - a big if - check your rights, you might find the reason the buyer has used e-cheque is to make an dodgy reclaim of the money easier.

You said above that you felt nervous, I suspect you have good reason to be honest. Hope it works out OK 👍

• Like 2

… in the old days PayPal defaulted to e-cheque when you made a payment without sufficient funds in your account. Meant you could buy something, for example a BIN on eBay, and then you had several days to find the cash to clear the cheque 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Mmm, e-cheque, nothing but trouble in my experience. if anyone paid me that way these days the deal would be off, in fact I didn't know they still existed to be honest. As others have said, do not let go of the bass and even if it clears - a big if - check your rights, you might find the reason the buyer has used e-cheque is to make an dodgy reclaim of the money easier.

You said above that you felt nervous, I suspect you have good reason to be honest. Hope it works out OK 👍

You know when it doesn’t tick the boxes , I prefer Basschat deal or perhaps Uk bass Fb group, the buyer is I believe does not belong here and bass Fb Uk groupe chat , i Hope it’s legitimate, perhaps he hasn’t be paid yet , I’m still very unsure about the deal hopefully I will, get the money I will wait   Thanks for the answers 

• Like 1