Why become a member? ×

Some how I feel a bit nervous about a sale

J66Bass

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

… in the old days PayPal defaulted to e-cheque when you made a payment without sufficient funds in your account. Meant you could buy something, for example a BIN on eBay, and then you had several days to find the cash to clear the cheque 

I assume he hasn’t got his money, I wait but it’s a wait 😢

Hello again thanks the support, I m short of a no sale, and no money arrived in my PayPal as it was cancelled, I gain 30 pounds witch I will spend on strings, still got my bass , I probably going to try to sell either now or in September, I contacted the seller on 2 occasions this week putting no pressure and stay polite ,without any response, kept all the messages, his answer silence may prove it’s all but perhaps a scam ,  thanks again JM 

Edited by J66Bass
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, J66Bass said:

Hello again thanks the support, I m short of a no sale, and no money arrived in my PayPal as it was cancelled, I gain 30 pounds witch I will spend on strings, still got my bass

Well done for getting £30 out of a scammer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammybee said:

Perhaps he wasn't a scammer, fancied the bass, paid you a deposit and couldn't come up with the rest of the funds? You're being a bit harsh on the fella, particularly how you're bad mouthing him on FB :(

Hello , I firstly definitely did not bad mouth him on Fb and it’s definitely not my genre, i gave his name and it’s very common to do it to warn

Sellers About perhaps a possible scam , I believe my FB POST is entirely fair and about awareness on someone who I BELIEVE  is a scammer or not , I did everything on my side to wait 3 weeks on a sale , not point to deal who someone is behaving this way ,  not reply in any messages, no apologies, nothing, basically nothing , completely pointless and disappointed, a simply explanation on his part will have been welcomed, I received not a word, now if you believe I’m incorrect well I’m sorry…and will delete my post on Fb , also I like to point it pay a fee to be refunded while We agreed it will be not refunded I have proof of textsss  I only became aware he paid a fee a few day ago when I call PayPal myself.., 

Edited by J66Bass
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, J66Bass said:

Hello , I firstly definitely did not bad mouth him on Fb and it’s definitely not my genre, i gave his name and it’s very common to do it to warn

Sellers About perhaps a possible scam , I believe my FB POST is entirely fair and about awareness on someone who I BELIEVE  is a scammer or not , I did everything on my side to wait 3 weeks on a sale , not point to deal who someone is behaving this way ,  not reply in any messages, no apologies, nothing, basically nothing , completely pointless and disappointed, a simply explanation on his part will have been welcomed, I received not a word, now if you believe I’m incorrect well I’m sorry…and will delete my post on Fb , also I like to point it pay a fee to be refunded while We agreed it will be not refunded I have proof of textsss  I only became aware he paid a fee a few day ago when I call PayPal myself.., 

I saw the post on FB, I think you should delete it if you haven't done already. Unfortunately, 'ghosting' and 'non-communication' is a very common thing when you are buying and selling over the internet - I don't agree with it, but it is the way people are these days. Not just buying and selling basses, but any communication they percieve as 'uncomfortable' - many people just block or avoid the person in question. I don't think this behaviour means they are a scammer, yes it stings a little bit if you've waited a couple of weeks for a sale. But on the positive side, you have his deposit. I'd take that as a win, & leave the poor bloke alone

• Thanks 1

I have sympathy with @J66Bass having gone through a similar scenario myself recently. In my case the transaction did actually go through eventually but all the way through it felt "not right".

As I said the deal did eventually happen but I thought it best to be over cautious where the situation could easily have been a scam...there are no shortage of scumbags who are trying it on currently.

I think it's best that the FB post be deleted - after all you are £30 up. Not a very good scam if it was one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sammybee said:

I saw the post on FB, I think you should delete it if you haven't done already. Unfortunately, 'ghosting' and 'non-communication' is a very common thing when you are buying and selling over the internet - I don't agree with it, but it is the way people are these days. Not just buying and selling basses, but any communication they percieve as 'uncomfortable' - many people just block or avoid the person in question. I don't think this behaviour means they are a scammer, yes it stings a little bit if you've waited a couple of weeks for a sale. But on the positive side, you have his deposit. I'd take that as a win, & leave the poor bloke alone

I have deleted the post thanks 

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

I have sympathy with @J66Bass having gone through a similar scenario myself recently. In my case the transaction did actually go through eventually but all the way through it felt "not right".

As I said the deal did eventually happen but I thought it best to be over cautious where the situation could easily have been a scam...there are no shortage of scumbags who are trying it on currently.

I think it's best that the FB post be deleted - after all you are £30 up. Not a very good scam if it was one.

Thanks I have deleted the post …thanks again 

10 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Explain to me why this is a scammer? 

I will reply To that why I believe it could be a scam and perhaps I could be wrong

, firstly the manner it approach was odd  and not ticking the usual box , in ten years I have been exchanging, buying and selling never to me I was offered a deposit, then he mentioned a non refundable deposit only for me to find out he paid a fee then I wrote to him the bass was ready to be posted fully insured and I needed the rest of the money, then without any reply, he sent money with A Echeque , on advice from here and me calling PayPal I was told here and the PayPal phone line  to not sent the bass , then I texted 2/3 to no answer on his money been pending and I could not sent the bass until clearance of the money, again no text no explanation, the money was this morning withdrawn for my PayPal acc with again no explanation ….

7 minutes ago, J66Bass said:

I will reply To that why I believe it could be a scam and perhaps I could be wrong

, firstly the manner it approach was odd  and not ticking the usual box , in ten years I have been exchanging, buying and selling never to me I was offered a deposit, then he mentioned a non refundable deposit only for me to find out he paid a fee then I wrote to him the bass was ready to be posted fully insured and I needed the rest of the money, then without any reply, he sent money with A Echeque , on advice from here and me calling PayPal I was told here and the PayPal phone line  to not sent the bass , then I texted 2/3 to no answer on his money been pending and I could not sent the bass until clearance of the money, again no text no explanation, the money was this morning withdrawn for my PayPal acc with again no explanation ….

Seriously, if that’s an attempted scam I’m Jaco Pastorius. Buyer simply didn’t have the cash 😕

6 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Seriously, if that’s an attempted scam I’m Jaco Pastorius. Buyer simply didn’t have the cash 😕

So is your believe and I can be wrong , but something was definitely not true full and no ticking the box of a normal sale , i should have pull out as advice my mistake, and no become very stress about it ..