Why become a member? ×

Bassist assaulted mid-gig by singer in Manchester

EJWW

A mate works in a music venue and had to work with The Proclaimers. They didn't have a punch up but they did arrive separately, had to have separate dressing rooms and didn't speak to each other at all.

I've seen musicians fight with audience members before. Tim Armstrong from Rancid used to do it regularly. When I saw them, he gave some wasted bloke a bloody nose .

10 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I've seen musicians fight with audience members before.

I've saw Kyle from The View do that 😄

Pre T in the Park warm up gig, him and a boy in the crowd had a wee set to during the show then had a rematch outside after the gig ended  🤣

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2023 at 14:50, Muzz said:

It's a really, really good small venue in the city centre...and yes, it's in the old Deaf Institute* building...

* Actually kinda worse than that: it's in the Adult Deaf & Dumb Institute building...

Does that mean there will be noise, or there won't be noise..?

On 12/05/2023 at 12:13, EJWW said:

I guess the last sentence of the article says it all: 

Described on its Twitter feed as "three pals in a band from Dryburgh", the group is planning to release a new album called Exorcism of Youth in August.

There's FOUR people in that pic. We can only guess which one of them is not a pal of the other three xD

On 16/05/2023 at 18:25, Hellzero said:

You won't be alone anymore @Marc S 😂

Going way off topic, but I know a guy whose dad played bass on Kung Foo Fighting...! 

He was a session player and been on a date playing in the brass section. After the session had finished, the producer said he had another track if they wanted to get paid double. However, the bass player had to get off as he had a date or something, so Frank said 'I play bass' and consequently ended up playing on a pop-funk track with no vocals, lyrics, etc. The next time he heard it, it had been released as a single complete with vocals and went on to be an iconic hit...

• Like 3

On 15/05/2023 at 19:35, SteveXFR said:

A mate works in a music venue and had to work with The Proclaimers. They didn't have a punch up but they did arrive separately, had to have separate dressing rooms and didn't speak to each other at all.

I've seen musicians fight with audience members before. Tim Armstrong from Rancid used to do it regularly. When I saw them, he gave some wasted bloke a bloody nose .

I once did a gig supporting Wrathchild in a packed out rock club in Birmingham in the 80s. We did our set and went down really well and were in the dressing room getting changed and having a beer when our sound engineer came in saying, 'you've got to see this'. We went out front to see that the area in front of the stage had cleared and the bass player had a cut above his eye where someone had thrown a glass or whatever at him, although he carried on playing like a trooper. There were a couple of guys on the edge of the dancefloor still shouting abuse at the band. It got to a point in the show where the guitar player did (what we shall call for the sake of argument) a guitar solo and Rocky Shades (the WC lead vocalist) hopped off the stage, sauntered across the dancefloor to these guys, decked one of them with a single punch and jumped back on stage to carry on throwing shapes and 'singing'! 

It turns out that he was a karate black belt, a lot tougher than he looked and really not someone to upset or throw a glass at one of his mates...! 

Edited by peteb
  • Haha 2

Just now, Waddo Soqable said:

Wrathchild..  That's a name from the past, wonder what became of them

I saw them playing at a bike rally about ten years or so ago. Completely different band apart from the aforementioned Rocky Shades on vocals. Much better band (i.e. they could play), but still unmistakably Wrathchild, for better or worse... 

• Like 1