Why become a member? ×

Phrases to watch out for in Ads….

Rayman

"Punches above it's weight"....are there any that ever haven't. 😉

"Says Fender on the headstock but, I don't know anything about guitars"....it's a Glarry with a waterslide. 

"Extensively modified with a unique take on bridge location"...anything by Mr Philips. 

• Haha 1

For sale. Guitar, wooden. 

Usually in local Facebook groups, where the seller is genuinely clueless that the photo already told me that it was a guitar, and that 400 years of tradition and experience resulted in luthiers settling on wood (rather than stone, slate, metal, or animal bones).

• Haha 1

"Classic era" when which always happens to be whatever year their thing was made.

The magnificent "lawsuit era" which rarely corresponds to an actual lawsuit.

If the ad doesn't have all of  "original", "vintage" and "rare" then count me out.

I do like when the factory is called out, too, so I can stroke my chin and think "Oooh, that sounds like quality to me"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

"Classic era" when which always happens to be whatever year their thing was made.

The magnificent "lawsuit era" which rarely corresponds to an actual lawsuit.

If the ad doesn't have all of  "original", "vintage" and "rare" then count me out.

I do like when the factory is called out, too, so I can stroke my chin and think "Oooh, that sounds like quality to me"

These are my favourites, too - where the seller tries to assume a position of knowledge but gets it all wrong.  'Lawsuit era from the legendary Matsamoki (sic) factory'.  Etc. :)