Why become a member? ×

Fender (or any manufacturer) alternative model naming

oldslapper

Doesn’t have to be exclusively Fender, but I can’t help but roll my eyes at their model naming. 
It always suggests to me that there is an alternative series.

Professional Series: Amateur Series?

Player Series: Just Looking Series?

Black top: White behind? 

I guess there’s only so many times you can rebrand a P bass? 🙄

Edited by oldslapper

Precision Bass - Good enough for rock n' roll bass.*

There's a word for this. It's alternative series name is exactly the same as what the precision bass is very known for! 

The Squier I'm Too Poor For A Fender series

The Fender We'll Add A New Colour Scheme And Hope Nobody Notices We Haven't Fundamentally Changed Anything For 70 Years series

The Sadowsky I'm Getting Old So Need To Ensure My Name Lives On After My Death Line series

The Sadowsky Covid Put A Big Dent In My Sales So I'll Outsource My Cheapest Range To China And Suspend My Principles To Sell Units Express series

The Sire Quality And Quantity Is Possible series

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, asingardenof said:

The Squier I'm Too Poor For A Fender series

The Fender We'll Add A New Colour Scheme And Hope Nobody Notices We Haven't Fundamentally Changed Anything For 70 Years series

The Sadowsky I'm Getting Old So Need To Ensure My Name Lives On After My Death Line series

The Sadowsky Covid Put A Big Dent In My Sales So I'll Outsource My Cheapest Range To China And Suspend My Principles To Sell Units Express series

The Sire Quality And Quantity Is Possible series

You'd struggle to fit that on a headstock... 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beedster said:

eBay misspellings provide some interesting Fender model names, the Fender Percission, Percussion, and Prescription Basses being all time favourites (although the last has some medical merit of course)

Not as bad as the Fender Jizz Bass..... ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beedster said:

eBay misspellings provide some interesting Fender model names, the Fender Percission, Percussion, and Prescription Basses being all time favourites (although the last has some medical merit of course)

I thought cowbell was the only prescribed instrument...

• Like 1

Fender Road-Restored Series - an innovative line of instruments carefully relic'd by the Custom Shop, to simulate years of hard road use, then lovingly refinished and restored to as-new condition by the Custom Shop. All the mojo of a vintage instrument without any evidence of it. Be careful your tears don't mark that pristine finish when you see the price. Buy two today!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7