Why become a member? ×

What's Your current band name ?

nilorius

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Current bands:

Soul Destroyers -- soul covers plus much more, with lots of silliness. Name was already in place when I joined and after nearly 30 years is unlikely to change.

Woah, hang on - these Soul Destroyers? With Malcolm Catto on drums? Same band?

I used to have the vinyl of this 😎

HOAXX- pop and rock covers, the two Xs is just to make us easier to find on Facebook etc.

There was one other band named the same, a dance outfit that hadn't done anything for years, so...

All happy with it still, doesn't pigeonhole us.

I was in a band called Dumper for years, never choose a name whilst several pints in down the pub 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, redbandit599 said:

HOAXX- pop and rock covers, the two Xs is just to make us easier to find on Facebook etc.

There was one other band named the same, a dance outfit that hadn't done anything for years, so...

All happy with it still, doesn't pigeonhole us.

I was in a band called Dumper for years, never choose a name whilst several pints in down the pub 😁

I like HOAXX - good name for a covers band! 

I know how you feel with the drunken deciding of names- I played in a band for years as a uni student called Moist... 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jackopie1 said:

I know how you feel with the drunken deciding of names- I played in a band for years as a uni student called Moist... 

Unfortunately I am not currently in a band, though there is a possible project coming up. The chap behind it wants to basically be a Motley Crüe tribute band… He wants to call it Mütley Crüe… Oddly, as bad as that name is, there is already a Crüe tribute band with that name…

I am hoping that we can cover more Hair Metal bands, but haven’t got a name for it yet.

The best band I was ever in, the most talented and absolutely lovely people, had the most boring band name ever… John Doe. I think that it was the singer’s idea. He wasn’t so talented, unfortunately. He fronted a band I had been in previously, which he named 66Crush… Mind you, he once wrote a song, that he was incredibly proud of, that started off with him and a woman crawling into the back of his three wheeled van…

• Like 1

Band that seems to have ground to a halt following various health issues - Space Monkey (covers, primarily 80s)

Originals prog band - A2rk. Named after the initials of the four founder members.

Covers band just working up to gigging level - Dirty Roses.

1 hour ago, jimmyb625 said:

I think I might call my next band "plus support" I reckon we could get a good few gigs out of that...

There was a band I knew years ago. “With Special guests”

They got people through the door with people wanting to know who the special guests were.

• Like 1

My main, predominantly experimental and dark, drone/ambient solo project "Fjernsind"

The name "Fjernsind" is a word play on the Danish word for "Tele-vision", "Fjern-syn", that directly translated means "Distant-vision" or "Remote-vision", but instead of "syn" ["vision"] as the last syllable, the Danish word for "mind", namely "sind", has been used.

My alternative folk project "...and for such a long time"

From a Molière quote: "We die only once, and for such a long time".

My stoner/doom rock project "all I nil", that has bass and drums as primary instruments.

My, predominantly experimental, electronic music with free, primarily bass, improvisations project "Itu [ɛt ˈtuː]"

"Itu" meaning "out of order"/"broken" in Danish.

And yes, very pleased.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Brighton Cover Project (Still in our early stages).

We're Brighton based and play (yes, you guessed it) various covers from the last 50 years or so!

S'manth x

Edited by Smanth

On 16/03/2023 at 19:02, Jackopie1 said:

Didn't go on to be Wet Wet....I'll get my coat. 

• Like 1

I joined a band who renamed themselves Felis Leo back in 2018 because their old name since the mid 80s, Escapade, was already taken.

I don't think I would've joined them if they kept the old name 😂

promo_card.thumb.jpg.8bb486ed67142a4cd490d1b8adc6b904.jpg

Quite chuffed with the artwork for the latest EP, tis done by a tattoo artist.

• Thanks 1