Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

I've not been on BC for a while, but just thought I'd hake a look at this thread and I don't know what's happened, it's all gone a bit cockle-eyed!

I'm still hoping to come, but won't know for certain till much nearer the time, would be good to reconnect with the community a bit. 🙏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRBboy said:

I've not been on BC for a while, but just thought I'd hake a look at this thread and I don't know what's happened, it's all gone a bit cockle-eyed!

I'm still hoping to come, but won't know for certain till much nearer the time, would be good to reconnect with the community a bit. 🙏

No problem, you can just turn up and pay on the day. Hope to see you then!

14 hours ago, neepheid said:

So, what if I told you that my gig on October 7th has been cancelled...

I would offer you the spare bed I said you could have next year, but we're out the night before the bash... d'oh :( 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I would offer you the spare bed I said you could have next year, but we're out the night before the bash... d'oh :( 

No worries!  I'm coming down anyway!  Suppose you'll want to know what I'll be bringing...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Epiphone Jack Casady Signature 20th Anniversary

G&L CLF L-1000

G&L Tribute LB-100

Reverend Triad

Sire D5

amplification - RedSub BT5110 combo

See you in October...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 08/08/2023 at 10:49, neepheid said:

No worries!  I'm coming down anyway!  Suppose you'll want to know what I'll be bringing...

See you in October...

How nice after a week away (from home and e-mails) to see that interest in 'the One Bash that rules them all' has reached Scotland (as it happens, I'm just back from my daughter's in Dunfermline).

Definitely worth the trip down from Aberdeen 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, neepheid said:

Well, that's my hotel/bass storage room booked for the night before.  Things just got real!

Any word on entrance fee yet?

That's brilliant! Entrance is £13, which includes your food and tea/coffee throughout the day.

If you want to avoid the usual hotel breakfast rip-off, come early to help us set up (and take your pick from the display tables) and you'll get fed on arrival*. See first post on this topic for venue details.

*Same applies to others of course!  A few extra pairs of hands at set-up time are always useful 🙂

8 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

That's brilliant! Entrance is £13, which includes your food and tea/coffee throughout the day.

If you want to avoid the usual hotel breakfast rip-off, come early to help us set up (and take your pick from the display tables) and you'll get fed on arrival*. See first post on this topic for venue details.

*Same applies to others of course!  A few extra pairs of hands at set-up time are always useful 🙂

That sounds better than my usual way around the usual hotel breakfast rip-off - coffee for breakfast...

Can you take payment in advance in some way?  If you prefer cash on the day, no worries, I'm sure I can find some between now and then.

On 08/08/2023 at 10:49, neepheid said:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard BASS

Epiphone Jack Casady Signature 20th Anniversary

G&L CLF L-1000

G&L Tribute LB-100

Reverend Triad

Sire D5

amplification - RedSub BT5110 combo

See you in October...

Fixed 

9 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Fixed 

Poor, misunderstood Les Paul bass :( 

It was roundly scoffed at the first time I took it to the Moffat bash.  That soon stopped when people played it.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Poor, misunderstood Les Paul bass :( 

It was roundly scoffed at the first time I took it to the Moffat bash.  That soon stopped when people played it.

No that’s fine, I think they look good actually, just wanted to make sure you weren’t lowering the tone (heh!) by bringing one of those weedy six string toy things