Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2023

scrumpymike

I'd just like to mussel in at this point, and crab the opportunity to say how much I'm looking forward to the Bash. To anyone codtemplating coming along for the first time, you'll be most whelkome. It's always a wonderful day and a great tenchion-reliever after a working week. So mullet over and perhaps weel see you there!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd just like to mussel in at this point, and crab the opportunity to say how much I'm looking forward to the Bash. To anyone codtemplating coming along for the first time, you'll be most whelkome. It's always a wonderful day and a great tenchion-reliever after a working week. So mullet over and perhaps weel see you there!

Is this a Bass Bash or pescatarian society gathering? I am trying to decide  whether to bring a bass or a bream!

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

• Haha 1

OK, okay, I'm o-fish-ally calling thyme on the Pescatarian Society's marine-life puns competition! I know we've all had a whale of a time but anyone posting further submissions will be skating on thin ice and risk getting salted and battered at the Bash on the 8th of Octopus.

After careful consideration, the prize goes to Rich for so consistently and effectively rising to the bait.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

anyone posting further submissions will be skating on thin ice and risk getting salted and battered

What, you mean so badly that they'll end up in hospital, being operated on by a sturgeon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rich said:

What, you mean so badly that they'll end up in hospital, being operated on by a sturgeon?

Knew I could count on you for a parting shot Rich, and you haven't let me down. 😊

Hopefully not Nicola... 😬

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I will also bring my Bongo as I remember when I wanted to try one there were none around. Maybe there would be interest in bringing the dwarf too and a screen so people can see what that is like to set one of those up?

The Mod Dwarf looks really interesting and I've been reading the thread with interest. I'd be keen to take a look!

• Like 2