Why become a member? ×

Aguilar pedals - new look

iamtheelvy

8 hours ago, SumOne said:

They look like generic modern cool 'boutique' pedal designs. I think the older designs stood out more as Aguilar. 

They look like thr designer came in hungover and had a look at some EBS pedals for inspiration 

im guessing the enclosure change was done on cost grounds - the graphics really don’t say high end New York effects andd so amps company to me 

• Like 2

Nice, bold, clear graphics. I wish they'd have carried over the design from the Filter, Fuzz, Octave and Compression pedals onto the remainder as I think that works really well. A little bit of (almost) seventies retro to brighten up your board!

Edited by rushbo

13 hours ago, ped said:

Boo. They don’t take batts any more either. 

I like battery for backup, but there's no denying battery waste is a big problem. So I'm cool with that.

I've had other mains only pedals for years - and some battery ones that will consume a 9V in under an hour so they are effectively mains only.

Guitarist in my band saw the new demo for the Agro and messaged me to say 'you need this'. 

As much as I loved V1 still think it needed a blend control and/or a simple 'bass' control or 'grunt' control like on the Darkglass B3K, as I always thought that v1 Agro removed a bit of sub lows from the clean signal when turned on, so I have to EQ that back in. 

However, the quality of the drive is such that it is now on the list.