Why become a member? ×

Uses for colourful cut string ends?

fergs40

5 minutes ago, Franticsmurf said:

You can suspend them from a short length of wood and hang them in a doorway to provide bass wind chimes to compliment the jangly rhythm wind chimes.

Give that to your drummer and start introducing 80s ballads to your set 😎

• Haha 1

Some excellent suggestions here. Thank you!

So far I am liking the door chimes and the eye-poker best. Not a beard person (sounds like that’s just as well, mind) and gave up smoking - pipes or otherwise - some years ago.

The charity craft group wins the prize for most community-minded suggestion.

More welcomed!

• Like 1

I chucked mine away to represent me throwing away my ridiculous old fashioned concepts such as being able to have an opinion that's different to somebody elses , short sightedly not wanting to see talented young women put off sport because they'll get beaten by blokes and my ludicrous expectation that the police that I pay for should investigate an armed robbery instead of arresting an old lady for innocently giving her rescue kitten an unfortunate name.

Be gone , you string ends , and take the evil thoughts of this vile throwback with you !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr.Dave said:

I chucked mine away to represent me throwing away my ridiculous old fashioned concepts such as being able to have an opinion that's different to somebody elses , short sightedly not wanting to see talented young women put off sport because they'll get beaten by blokes and my ludicrous expectation that the police that I pay for should investigate an armed robbery instead of arresting an old lady for innocently giving her rescue kitten an unfortunate name.

Be gone , you string ends , and take the evil thoughts of this vile throwback with you !

Wow!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr.Dave said:

As tangential rants go that is pretty good :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Dave said:

String ends as therapeutic aids - unexpected, but rather excellent!

Supplementary question: do different colours have different meanings when used like this?