Why become a member? ×

Looks like our favourite 'luthier' may have a rival.......!

SPHDS

15 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Mr Phillips would be proud to have built this. 

I think he'd approve but it's not a route he would go down - he's all about the sausage fingered royalty of guitar playing. In fact I'm sure the only thing that's restrained him from doing the exact opposite, and modifying a 5 or 6 string bass into a guitar is the unavailability of 35" scale .009 guitar strings!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 22:50, tauzero said:

I suspect that attempting to get the intonation right on that will be doomed to failure.

How much do pole pieces really matter?

Totally agree intonation is a no go on that!

As for pole position. They don't matter too much as it happens and you can get the strings to sit equally between the poles which works well.

I once new of a cheap shitty bass that was fitted with a genuine original 60's strat pickup and it actually made it sound about 1000% better than the stock crap it came with lol

Now a question. Did Seymour Duncan loose the court case or whatever it was they bought over the use of tiger stripe pickups. i.e. one black half one white.

I seem to remember they claimed the idea as their intellectual property. Never did find out how it went. Anyone know?