Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

In Isolation have a series of gigs to round off 2023 where we will also be selling CD copies of our new single - our version of "I Believe In Father Christmas".

Saturday 25th November at The Angel in Nottingham Supporting B-Movie (sold out)

Sunday 3rd December at The Black Bull in Gateshead with The Scarlet Hour (afternoon gig)

Friday 8th December at Ye Olde Salutation Inn in Nottingham with Discord & Rhyme and Ombudsmen

Friday 22nd December at The Fidler's Elbow in London with Discord & Rhyme and The Jan Doyle Band

• Like 2

Fleetwood Mad have a run of shows up to Xmas as follows:

Sat 25 Nov -  Brewood Jubilee Hall | Brewood, South Staffordhsire

Fri 01 Dec - Cotgrave Club | Nottingham

Fri 08 Dec - Ten Streets Social | Liverpool

Sat 09 Dec - Walmley Club | Sutton Coldfield

Fri 15 Dec - Red By Night | Merry Hill, nr Dudley

Sat 22 Dec - Miller Of Mansfield | Goring, nr Reading

I believe the Walmley Club may now be sold out.  If any of you attend, do let me know - always happy to meet fellow BC'ers 🙂

Visit www.fleetwoodmad.co.uk for details on how to get tickets.

Photo below is from last night's sold-out show at Lichfield Guildhall.

FMadLichfield24-11-23.thumb.jpeg.f74366b84ddf62fac73ee858336a0ca6.jpeg

• Like 2

The next In Isolation gig is at Ye Olde Salutation Inn in Nottingham on Friday 8th December.

376701966-767027128764863-38702016915784

Support form Discord and Rhyme who are Last July playing 80s synth pop covers and Ombudsmen.

In Isolation will be on at 10.00pm and since the gig partly clashes with NMA at Rock City we'll be allowing anyone with a NMA ticket who comes after their gig half-price entry.

• Like 3

The Hulla, in its acoustic/unplugged form, is playing at a local homeless drop in centre on Sunday. The usual Xmas set list. I did question whether Fairytale of New York was appropriate given the potential audience but the person who runs the place said it was ok. We do a few events for them and last summer we backed their volunteers choir at the Hullabaloo festival - they were very good (their rendition of 'One Day Like This' was incredible) - and we're hoping to work with the choir again.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My first 4 gigs of 2024 . .

https://linktr.ee/syncolima - Music n stuff here

Friday 19th Jan - The Rigger Venue - Stoke

https://www.facebook.com/events/1526395078189098/

Sunday 4th Feb - The Hairy Dog - Derby

http://bit.ly/bangfeb24

Saturday 10th Feb - Corporation - Sheffield

https://www.facebook.com/events/930177835501184/

Friday 23rd Feb - The Bank Top Tavern - Oldham

https://www.facebook.com/events/242287958878525/

next 4.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Bit in the futt, but looking forward to this one... With Hereford skapunk legends, Last Tree Squad, punky riff monsters MC16 and the crazed electropunkdance of ANoise...

received_382376974300825.jpeg

I hope your futt recovers soon.

• Haha 1

I've just had the Hulla's gig list for this year - there are four in the calendar so far. We usually aim to play 6-8 per year (it's a community based band that just plays for charity), with a self organised festival in the village in the summer so 4 between now and June is pretty good. We usually pick up a wedding or two, the local food festival and spots at various other events. So far we have a wedding, a fundraiser for a local rugby club, a 'Full Moon party' ('Don't go on to the moors' 🤣) and the summer festival. I love playing with the Hulla - the rehearsals are very much social occasions (the band started as a bit of fun for the village) and the gigs are great but there aren't enough of them to satisfy that gigging itch.

Before Christmas I was 'between bands' following the demise of the trio I'd attempted to bring to life. There were a couple of possibles hovering around but with no firm offers I was wondering what to do. This week I've been invited for an informal audition (it's only me and I've been recommended by a friend in the band) to play with a folky/bluesy outfit (I don't even know their name) who have been gigging without a bassist. My friend, their violinist, is arguing that they need a bass player and the audition is to see how it fits with the current arrangements.

And I have two gigs, with the possibility of more, as a rhythm guitarist in a mate's rock band. The way he runs his band, it's very likely that I'll be playing bass for a few gigs over the next year as he takes gigs without checking to see who is available, creating the line up on the night.  

• Like 3

First gig of the year coming up at Spen Victoria Cricket and Bowls Club first weekend of February. I'm going to put in a bid now for my Elf still being away for repair so next rehearsal will involve an exercise in EQing my bass in advance!