Why become a member? ×

Bass room

waynepunkdude

[quote name='PURPOLARIS' post='459036' date='Apr 10 2009, 09:32 AM']That 6 string Bass you've got there looks awfully small compared to the others :)[/quote]
I was wondering about that. what kind of scale is it 22"? can't see you getting a nice fat tone from that! :D .

Anyway, nice one. Everyone should have a dedicated space where you don't have to tidy away so you can so less important stuff like eating, watching TV, sleeping etc.

(To be fair though, i'd describe it as more of a 'bass cupboard' than room, but it's your cupboard, and that's the main thing ;) )

Edit: You learning the bone then wayne? cool. I just hope we don't loose you to the British Trombone Society forum. (Saying that, there's no chance coz it's dull, dull, dull over there :lol:)

One tip though, practice with the whole instrument. Without the rest of it you don't get the back-pressure and resonance. It's like playing bass unplugged. No, it's more like practicing on the fretboard without strings. Good luck with it. :rolleyes:

Edited by SteveO

[quote name='SteveO' post='459124' date='Apr 10 2009, 10:56 AM']I was wondering about that. what kind of scale is it 22"? can't see you getting a nice fat tone from that! :rolleyes: .

Anyway, nice one. Everyone should have a dedicated space where you don't have to tidy away so you can so less important stuff like eating, watching TV, sleeping etc.

(To be fair though, i'd describe it as more of a 'bass cupboard' than room, but it's your cupboard, and that's the main thing :lol: )

Edit: You learning the bone then wayne? cool. I just hope we don't loose you to the British Trombone Society forum. (Saying that, there's no chance coz it's dull, dull, dull over there :lol:)

One tip though, practice with the whole instrument. Without the rest of it you don't get the back-pressure and resonance. It's like playing bass unplugged. No, it's more like practicing on the fretboard without strings. Good luck with it. :)[/quote]

Yeah just started learning, I will start practicing full instrument now it's all cleaned up :D

It's definitely a room as I get charged council tax on it ;)

[quote name='escholl' post='461657' date='Apr 13 2009, 10:27 PM']ashdown + yamaha = *approves*

loving that black and yellow fretless though, think that wins on looks for me.[/quote]

Cheers, that's the only bass I painted myself (so far)

The Ashdown sounds good but it's a bit loud so I may unplug one of the cabs so I can drive the amp a little more without pissing off the neighbours.

• 8 months later...