Why become a member? ×

Repainting a roadworn style flea

la bam

Morning all, this may be a weird question, so bare with me :)

I have a flea jazz. I honestly love it. It makes everything I play through sound great. So much so I'd like another. However, I think they only do these in shell pink (which looks fantastic), so if I wanted one in another colour is it possible to get one and have it re painted in a different colour and keep the relic look? If so do you know an approx price?

with these now discontinued I'd like to get another before i cant find one, but have the ability to play different one in different bands, ie as shell pink doesnt really come across in an indie or metal band :)

9 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

Here ya go...

It’s actually the flea bass he wants, I have one and they play and sound beautiful with pure vintage 64 pickups and stacked knobs which give tone and volume to each pick up individually. 
Neck feels great too it’s a C profile 

They only come in “nipple pink” though 

Yeh, I have a flea bass in shell pink, absolutely love it, the colour, playability and the tonal options with having a tone and volume for each pick up make them amazing.

If there was a wide colour range in that model I'd have another. As there isnt that I know of, I'm just looking at options, so I can play a flea jazz in both bands. Originally I was gonna play a flea jazz in one and my 50s roadworn p in the other, but they are SO different size wise its gonna be very hard work to swap between the two. The jazz in thin and skinny and the 50s p is as wide as a motorway!

1 minute ago, la bam said:

Cheers, that looks cool, do you know if these are these similar to the flea bass? I havent seen these before. 

It’s got stacked pots not sure about the pickups or neck profile 

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Cheers, that looks cool, do you know if these are these similar to the flea bass? I havent seen these before. 

Pretty much the same bass.

Only difference is the matching headstock.

Although it isn't Tidepool, it's Firemist Silver.

With the case, it's a no-brainer at that price. 

One of the only Fender Roadworns I like.

Edited by jd56hawk

Why not get another jazz bass in a colour you like and buy a set of Pure Vintage '64 pickups and concentric Jazz Bass wiring?

That would pretty much get you the sound you have but in the bass of a colour that more suits the band.

If you were to respray a Flea bass then it would be worth a fraction of what it would be had you left it.

• Like 2