Why become a member? ×

New bridge design... solving a bridge problem that doesn't exist!

warwickhunt

Just now, Sidlanir said:

Many thanks for your feedback, as I didn’t ever seen any datas related to your question from any other Bass Bridge manufacturer’s,

I’ll have to invest a fortune of cash to do all these lab tests… anyway I do not have this cash to provide you all the graphic charts & so on in order to satisfy your question… I’m sorry 😢 

This is true, but they aren't making claims about extra sustain. I'm willing to believe it could be true, but as a business model - you are asking people to just believe it and spend quite a substantial amount on unproven equipment. This would in my opinion, limit your sales.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

if necessity would be the mother of invention , then we won’t need any technological improvement in our daily life…

Most of our home convenience products were just new applications of technology developed elsewhere for industry. Entertainment technology also is generally new applications of existing technology. 

What really drives genuine new innovation is absolute necessity. That's why so many great innovations came from war and disasters.

1 minute ago, Machines said:

This is true, but they aren't making claims about extra sustain. I'm willing to believe it could be true, but as a business model - you are asking people to just believe it and spend quite a substantial amount on unproven equipment. This would in my opinion, limit your sales.

Strange reply, check out the webpages from other manufacturers… Babicz, KSM, Ray Ross, etc… they’re all proclaiming to have the best ever bass bridge on the market….Especially Babicz with his FCH Bass Bridge….

6 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Strange reply, check out the webpages from other manufacturers… Babicz, KSM, Ray Ross, etc… they’re all proclaiming to have the best ever bass bridge on the market….Especially Babicz with his FCH Bass Bridge….

Perhaps - but they aren't on this website debating it with potential customers.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Many thanks for your feedback, as I didn’t ever seen any datas related to your question from any other Bass Bridge manufacturer’s,

I’ll have to invest a fortune of cash to do all these lab tests… anyway I do not have this cash to provide you all the graphic charts & so on in order to satisfy your question… I’m sorry 😢 

Are you expecting people to spend a not inconsiderable amount of cash on your product and take your word for it?

Lab testing wouldn't actually be difficult or expensive. I used to design and test anti vibration products. All you need is a few accelerometers, a cheap data logger and some skills with excel to produce the graphs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicko said:

I'm trying to bite my lip,  I don't really want to derail this by opening a discussion on whether transmitting vibration to the body is desirable in an instrument equipped with a magnetic pickup.

Wasn’t that the primary drive for Leo Fender moving from string through bodies to high mass bridges and culminating in the Stingray and G&L bridges? 

27 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Are you expecting people to spend a not inconsiderable amount of cash on your product and take your word for it?

Lab testing wouldn't actually be difficult or expensive. I used to design and test anti vibration products. All you need is a few accelerometers, a cheap data logger and some skills with excel to produce the graphs.

Many thanks for your feedback, I'll contact a few University next to Luxembourg , the best I know is Aachen or Tübingen in Germany... maybe one student would be interested to do his master's degree....

The bridge itself looks quite ingenious and I can see there’s a lot of thought gone into designing it, but for me, I can’t say I like the look, maybe it’s because I’m so used to my fenders, to me the best looking bridge is the BBOT with threaded saddles 🙂

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it's unbelievable how easy it is to judge my work here in this forum.

Someone posts something about my bass bridge and quickly anyone can shoot with full artillery from all sides....

"no need to do anything else that has been around for a long time"

The main thing is that painful comments are made against the concerned person ... me ... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS 😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Unfortunately, it's unbelievable how easy it is to judge my work here in this forum.

Someone posts something about my bass bridge and quickly anyone can shoot with full artillery from all sides....

The main thing is that painful comments are made against the concerned person ... me ... THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS 😀

The proof is in the pudding… get it out there and let’s hear it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

After 7 years as a member,  you should have known by now.

Plenty of other bridge designers  also dont solve any problems, but sell in their thousands.  Dont be put off.  You're only mistake was designing it on here for all to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tegs07 said:

Wasn’t that the primary drive for Leo Fender moving from string through bodies to high mass bridges and culminating in the Stingray and G&L bridges? 

I wasn't aware of that. I was simply approaching it from an engineering perspective. but the concept behind a HMB makes sense to me.

7 minutes ago, fleabag said:

After 7 years as a member,  you should have known by now.

Plenty of other bridge designers  also dont solve any problems, but sell in their thousands.  Dont be put off.  You're only mistake was designing it on here for all to see.

Yes you name it ... it was a mistake 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Hmmm I think you are being overly sensitive or misreading the thrust of this thread.  Not one comment (that I am aware of) has been directed at you; all comments are centred on the claims that you have made as a designer and your product.    

However, not being aware of 'Peaches' or JJ... that's another matter!  LOL

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

I love HMB too. Those BBOT jobs make me cringe  :)

In terms of concept BBOT would be equivalent to this new design - the bridge itself would be vibrating in sympathy with the string and transmitting it to the body which it's bolted to.  The thinner the bridge the more it vibrates.  The only purpose of the bridge is to anchor and intonate the strings.  The sound comes from the string moving in the magnetic field of the pickup and the resulting current in the coil.  Vibration of the body results in less vibration of the string and colours the sound, and IMO vibration of the bridge itself results in harmonic undertones which may or may not be welcome.

3 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Hmmm I think you are being overly sensitive or misreading the thrust of this thread.  Not one comment (that I am aware of) has been directed at you; all comments are centered on the claims that you have made as a designer and your product.    

However, not being aware of 'Peaches' or JJ... that's another matter!  LOL

I'm sorry that I'm not aware of Peaches or JJ ... should I know them ? You know I'm Italian, proud of my origins & love fighting hard in what I'm believing, maybe my understanding is not the best one & I will do my best to not hurt anyone with my wording in this forum ...