Why become a member? ×

New bridge design... solving a bridge problem that doesn't exist!

warwickhunt

11 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

TBH you regurgitate the same patter (other manufacturers do/don't do this / you wouldn't understand et al) which I'm frankly getting nothing new or informative from... I'm actually going to have to unfollow my own thread, which is something I've never had to do before!

Dude don't do that !

Look these great bass bridges from RML ... would be great for a new thread

http://www.rmlinnovations.com/

Snip20220219_5.png

Snip20220219_6.png

Edited by Sidlanir

What a dumpster fire this thread has become. You have killed any chance of me ever being interested in your product because it would necessitate dealing with you.  You have been crass, unprofessional, shown a complete lack of ability to take criticism well, called people names, deflected when asked probing questions and been condescending.

The only positive thing I can take from this is a lesson in how not to convince people to invest in your product.

For all that I bear you no ill will and hope you turn this around and become successful in your endeavours, but it will be without my business.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, neepheid said:

What a dumpster fire this thread has become. You have killed any chance of me ever being interested in your product because it would necessitate dealing with you.  You have been crass, unprofessional, shown a complete lack of ability to take criticism well, called people names, deflected when asked probing questions and been condescending.

The only positive thing I can take from this is a lesson in how not to convince people to invest in your product.

For all that I bear you no ill will and hope you turn this around and become successful in your endavours, but it will be without my business.

Wow collega, grande you're ...  Ah .... now I know your problem  ... you also want a bass bridge for free .... hard times , I know 🥲... covid, less work, invoices to pay  , kids & so on ... no problem smile & take it easy 

30 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Wow collega, grande you're ...  Ah .... now I know your problem  ... you also want a bass bridge for free .... hard times , I know 🥲... covid, less work, invoices to pay  , kids & so on ... no problem smile & take it easy 

In that case could he afford the required tool kit to set it up?

23191.jpg

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

You don't know anything about me. Happy to rectify that for you.

I do not want your bass bridge, for free or otherwise. 

I'm fully vaccinated and have never knowingly had COVID. I'm not a major fan of other people in general so unlike many, I've quite enjoyed the lockdowns. Some might say I had been rehearsing for them my entire life ;)

I've had my normal full time employment throughout the pandemic.

The bills have remained largely the same.

I don't have kids.

Did I mention that I don't want your bass bridge? Just checking because I thought I was clear enough on that point in my previous post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sidlanir said:

many thanks for your feedback! the day you will build a bass or manufacture a bass  bridge .... I'll judge your design .....

You’ve got this wrong. I don’t have to build anything to have an objective view on your bridge. I’m your target market. Maybe listen a bit more and you’ll have more people on board with your product.

For example, I don’t have to to build cars to say that a Fiat Mulitpla looks fricken awful.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

In that case could he afford the required tool kit to set it up?

23191.jpg

As I can see from your pictures you’re still light years from what is standard today in the modern industry!

A Kardex … as engineer you should know the industry standard 

https://www.kardex.com/en/

Edited by Sidlanir

@Sidlanir I understand that you are passionate about your product. That is essential for any new business to succeed, but if that overspills into an inability to accept criticism then it becomes counter productive. Every amazing new idea has had its fair share of detractors, however many terrible ideas have cost their developers dearly when they failed to listen to the market. What you need to do is to explain and persuade potential buyers of the benefits of your product but at present you are alienating them by getting defensive. I think you have an interesting design but would need convincing of any benefits. I would be willing to test one for you (and return it subsequently- I am not after a freebie) and provide feedback. I have access through work to equipment where I can accurately test intonation, sustain, noise etc and my best mate is a sound technician with a superb ear. I also repair and maintain guitars and basses for a music charity in my spare time so am used to setting up kit.

Whatever you do, just relax as people will only invest In a product they believe in and upsetting people is the fastest way to persuade them to keep money in their pockets.

Edited by T-Bay
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sidlanir said:

Jens Johnsen  inventor of the bass bridge also didn't saw the improvement ...

Ok, so after a quick google he patented the design in 2008, it’s now 2022. Looks like it didn’t catch on. Haven’t ever seen a bass (other than yours or his) using one of these, maybe that’s a sign.....

Resorting to silly insults really will not help this thread, the bridge concept or your business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

And this ladies and gentlemen, is how you commit commercial suicide.

I was thinking the same.

A real shame as @Sidlanir had been showing some great basses on his “bass creations” thread.

I will say, I felt some of the thread was backing him into a corner unnecessarily …it’s been a bit of a shitshow really.

Unfortunate. Maybe the thread just needs locking before it gets worse.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Agreed - this thread has gone very wrong. I am locking it now to stop it from getting worse until the mods can come along and see what is going on.

I have also hidden the posts with italian swearing in.

There is a no swearing rule in this forum, please don't try and go round it by using a different language

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1