Why become a member? ×

New bridge design... solving a bridge problem that doesn't exist!

warwickhunt

5 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

Aeronautical AL 6060 is it good enough for Mr Ingeniere du cazz ...

And what made you select that particular grade? There's no such thing as a best grade for every purpose. The correct choice matches the material properties against the design requirements.

6000 series aluminium isn't particularly hard unless you heat treat it or forge it. 

Don't get excited about it being an aeronautical grade, there's hundreds of them, some very strong, some very hard, some very weak and some very soft.

Just now, SteveXFR said:

And what made you select that particular grade? There's no such thing as a best grade for every purpose. The correct choice matches the material properties against the design requirements.

6000 series aluminium isn't particularly hard unless you heat treat it or forge it. 

Don't get excited about it being an aeronautical grade, there's hundreds of them, some very strong, some very hard, some very weak and some very soft.

Mr. I worked as engineer in the aeronautical R&D & don't need advices from a wise shooter ...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

I can decode/translate if you like but I think we both know that we have no right to question our betters... but that's enough cow poop for now.  ;)

decode or translate it for me Sir ... Thank you ... Grazie mille 

Edited by Sidlanir

Just now, Sidlanir said:

Ascolta testa di cazz, adesso basta !

you're an engineer right ! Then let you brain working .... or revise your technical books !

You're expecting people to buy what appears to be the most expensive bridge on the market based on a claim that it improves sustain and tone. You give nothing to back up those claims so I have asked questions which could lead to logical reasoning in the design which would back up your claims.

If you chose a material based on the ratio of hardness to weight that would make sense for transmission of vibration without adding too much weight or if it was a UTS vs weight ratio that would also make some sense to help validate your design. 

You seem to just expect people to buy the most expensive bridge on the market based purely on the word of the person selling it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SteveXFR said:

You're expecting people to buy what appears to be the most expensive bridge on the market based on a claim that it improves sustain and tone. You give nothing to back up those claims so I have asked questions which could lead to logical reasoning in the design which would back up your claims.

If you chose a material based on the ratio of hardness to weight that would make sense for transmission of vibration without adding too much weight or if it was a UTS vs weight ratio that would also make some sense to help validate your design. 

You seem to just expect people to buy the most expensive bridge on the market based purely on the word of the person selling it.

Sir , with all respect to everyone here & outside this forum , I didn't started this thread here!

I'm not here to convince you or anyone to buy my bass bridge! I've no need to give you any technical data about material, specs & much more.

I gave a lot of info, but it's apparently not enough ! so if you want a bass bridge for free , okay no problem, so you can do all test you want & maybe you'll stop hurting my work ... PEACE

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

take always 2 basses on every gig ....

That wouldn’t be much of an issue for me, but for a working bassist doing gigs around London, very often public transport is the most efficient way to travel. So for someone in that situation, that would mean carting a second bass around on the tube with them. I know it’s all ifs and buts, and I haven’t broken a string for years, but it’s still a possibility. If I was one of those players, that would certainly play a huge part in me deciding against fitting this particular bridge, but I wish you luck in your ventures! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ern500evo said:

That wouldn’t be much of an issue for me, but for a working bassist doing gigs around London, very often public transport is the most efficient way to travel. So for someone in that situation, that would mean carting a second bass around on the tube with them. I know it’s all ifs and buts, and I haven’t broken a string for years, but it’s still a possibility. If I was one of those players, that would certainly play a huge part in me deciding against fitting this particular bridge, but I wish you luck in your ventures! 

Many thanks for your feedback, I've a busy professional working endorser in London... he always has 2 basses for every gig ... me too 😀

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

6060 can be hardened to have low ductility but it's stand out property is that it anodises really well, so it looks good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sidlanir said:

What am I looking for?  In terms of bridge design what are the fundamental properties required for your design?  In a standard bridge design I would expect the saddles needs to be hard but this material is not as hard as most steels or brass.   I'd also expect any bridge to be made of relatively dense material* but this material is very light, and you want stability under load but this material isn't particularly strong.

* The choice of a less dense material would likely result in an increased vibration of the bridge compared to a similar design in a denser material.  The payback is that the amount of energy transferred to the bridge would result in less sustain from the string.

5 minutes ago, Nicko said:

What am I looking for?  In terms of bridge design what are the fundamental properties required for your design?  In a standard bridge design I would expect the saddles needs to be hard but this material is not as hard as most steels or brass.   I'd also expect any bridge to be made of relatively dense material* but this material is very light, and you want stability under load but this material isn't particularly strong.

* The choice of a less dense material would likely result in an increased vibration of the bridge compared to a similar design in a denser material.  The payback is that the amount of energy transferred to the bridge would result in less sustain from the string.

What he said ☝️

There's nothing more to add. 

28 minutes ago, Nicko said:

I'm very sorry that no one didn't understood that the bass bridge is assembled with different materials. AL, SS !

before shooting , check out the specs .... capisce ...

Just now, Sidlanir said:

Sir you've started this thread .... & it's not difficult to read the technical specs correctly 

You are correct, I did start this thread.  I started the thread as I saw your design on social media and it was being 'advertised' as having significant improvements over existing designs.  However, IMHO it creates more problems over existing designs than it solves... hence the title of the thread.  

As I've already said I'm degree educated and it took me about 5 minutes to read your tech spec and then do a quick Google research and I established that your choice of material for the bridge will likely look very nice (especially if anodized) and will resist sweat corrosion but otherwise, it really has little benefit over many alternatives.  

No, my comment about you not being a diplomat/salesman is related to the fact that you called someone a 'd i c k h e a d' for no reason other than they are querying your product.  Sadly not the best business attitude to have.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sidlanir said:

still smiling .... me too 🤣

TBH you regurgitate the same patter (other manufacturers do/don't do this / you wouldn't understand et al) which I'm frankly getting nothing new or informative from... I'm actually going to have to unfollow my own thread, which is something I've never had to do before!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1