Why become a member? ×

Bass guitar overlooked again

Nail Soup

On 29/01/2022 at 11:56, Maude said:

The scooters could have built in proximity sensors to detect nearby pedestrians and play a little Seinfeld slap bass solo when in range.

It would be effective and brighten up everyone's day. 

I think some BCers would rather throw themselves in front of a scooter than listen to a hooter sounding like slap bass

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I'm thinking that it could be a simple quarter note I-V bass pattern, which speeds up according to the vehicle speed.

It would certainly make them less attractive to ride.

Just to expand on this idea, how about the the theme from Jaws that speeds up as it approaches a detected person? 🦈

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Velarian said:

Just to expand on this idea, how about the the theme from Jaws that speeds up as it approaches a detected person? 🦈

I was reading this thread and thought "I've got a cracking Idea". But you beat me to it you bugger (in the nicest possible sense of the word) - by two hours.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Not riding like a c*nt isn't an option, then?

Surely the responsibility should squarely rest on the rider not to put pedestrians at risk, not for pedestrians to dive out of the way in time, deaf, blind, or otherwise.

Yeah, I'm getting old, but are the concepts of community, respect, and responsibility so dead that we resort to automatic warnings to make up for a complete disregard for the consequences of our actions?

Keep running people over? How's about slowing down and giving them some space, you selfish bellend? How in the name of god is a hi-hat and a tuba blast better than 'excuse me, please'?

The point is people are unpredictable. If you slow down and warn them of your presence well in advance, they won't suddenly decide to veer off in an unexpected direction when they suddenly become aware of something behind them. 

It happens to me a lot when out running and I run slowly. People still jump out of their skins unless I call out well in advance.